SAU Community

Gor Cruise Wrapup

Basti

I think we should all take our turbo's off when we go on cruises so there is no temptation to drive our cars as they should be driven. Shame on us all....

The problem isn't in people driving the cars as they should be driven. The problem is people driving them how they shouldn't be driven. And the biggest problem is that so many people don't know the difference between the two because they don't know either the limit of their own driving ability or their cars performance ability.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... AT A TRACKDAY NOT A PUBLIC ROAD

Winton Trackday on 25th November was a good one thank you Ash :)

During the previous GOR cruise, there were already a few drivers who drove dangerously. Cutting into traffic from the opposite direction at corners.

Suggestions can be:

1) Warnings sent out to the respective drivers which gone out of hand

2) A briefing about Do's and Don'ts before the cruise commences.

i have found SAU cruises to be a risk. People stomping on the brakes mid corner so that they can film the cars coming around behind them... FFS, if you want to pose, go to chapel st.

Well I would not consider any of that example to contain any wrong behavior!

All cars were safely on their own side of the road and none went over the centreline coming around the corner at a reasonable speed.

The only issue was the "f" word when you thought some were going to pull in and stop! :nyaanyaa:

To be honest I have avoided some of these runs because I know sometimes my adrenelin can get going and thats when stuff happens if its going to happen.

But thats because I have not done to many DECA's or Track days for a while to get it out of my system and get to know my and the cars abilities better.

The people on this run that let their head go a bit will realise who they are and should say to themselves..

-I WILL JOIN SAU and get my head together by doing it on a racetrack under safe controlled conditions! (and have the most fun in a Skyline with your pants on!)

How about it Daniel, and you to Adam!

</Oldie Lecture>

if i get the skyline fixed i definitly will. if it gets ridden off i dont kknow what car yet. if its another skyline, yeh ill be a member and forget the cruises and stick to deca and track days.

if i get the skyline fixed i definitly will. if it gets ridden off i dont kknow what car yet. if its another skyline, yeh ill be a member and forget the cruises and stick to deca and track days.

get a vx commo with cut springs and be hectic

Well I would not consider any of that example to contain any wrong behavior!

All cars were safely on their own side of the road and none went over the centreline coming around the corner at a reasonable speed.

The only issue was the "f" word when you thought some were going to pull in and stop! :D

To be honest I have avoided some of these runs because I know sometimes my adrenelin can get going and thats when stuff happens if its going to happen.

But thats because I have not done to many DECA's or Track days for a while to get it out of my system and get to know my and the cars abilities better.

The people on this run that let their head go a bit will realise who they are and should say to themselves..

-I WILL JOIN SAU and get my head together by doing it on a racetrack under safe controlled conditions! (and have the most fun in a Skyline with your pants on!)

How about it Daniel, and you to Adam!

</Oldie Lecture>

Is this aimed at me? If it is, I'm not even 18 yet! :spank: I'll be getting my licence mid January (hopefully pass) so will be signing up soon. Don't worry. If it wasn't aimed at me then..... my bad. :P

im actually really looking forward to joining SAU and meeting new people and going on the official cruises. i think no matter what there is always somebody that doesn't think and will do something silly and thats because they are probably running on adrenaline. i think every car should have classical music playing in there car you will be too calm and relaxed to to do anything stupid :rofl: . my car probably won't fit in with all you guys and girls cause mine is completly stock and i think that is a good enough excuse to fix it up a bit, woohoo time to spend some money!!