SAU Community

R33 Gtr V's R33 Gtst Differences

Robo's

Hi robo i met you once to pick up the gtr blow off valve a while ago, I have still got the 33 gtst and recently purchased a rebuilt r32 GTR and it is fantastic i am loving the handling and the power so i would say upgrading to a r33 GTR you would love it.

When I had my GTS-T, I never really bothered thinking about the upgrade. Just loved the GTST for what it was and enjoyed it! However, when you drive the GTR, you really love it... just the way it drives, it's got a real presence to it and just feels so tough... good times, I recommend the upgrade :P

Besides, Evo's are boring.... well, not for the first six months haha, until you realise the car will never do a thing wrong and drives itself. A GTR is a much more rewarding drive! (I owned an Evo for over a year before the 33 GTR). If you want to get quick numbers around a race track, then Evo is the best choice, but it's not as rewarding to drive. I can see your into drags, I wouldn't buy an Evo at all if you are....

Edited by TommO

When I had my GTS-T, I never really bothered thinking about the upgrade. Just loved the GTST for what it was and enjoyed it! However, when you drive the GTR, you really love it... just the way it drives, it's got a real presence to it and just feels so tough... good times, I recommend the upgrade :)

Now if only i could get one to have a drive in :)

The only person i know that has one is pushing 429wkw, so thats a bit unfair comparison :D

I would like to think the GTR has far superior handling and grip. Even with good tyres my R33 GTST has a very loose rear end and will spin the inside rear wheel without too much provoking. Am i right in thinking that the suspension is more sorted?

youd be right.

but your gtst's suspension may be farked or maybe not setup right (if already aftermarket)

Im actually reall impressed with the Stock suspention in my 33, keeping in mind it has only done 50,000km, its very very firm! Id be safe to say that it feels a little better than my stock Integra Type R suspention did when i got it.

Im actually reall impressed with the Stock suspention in my 33, keeping in mind it has only done 50,000km, its very very firm! Id be safe to say that it feels a little better than my stock Integra Type R suspention did when i got it.

WOW. I feel the exact opposite re my suspension. it is stock, has done 90k kms. Maybe it's partly the diff that is causing the problem.

If your suspension is better than a stock Type R I can understand why you would be really impressed.

A GTS-T is a monster, A GT-R is a monster's monster.

Do the maths...

Stock for stock, I wouldn't really call either of them a monster. There actually pretty avarage cars, they just have alot of potential.

If your thinking about buying a GTR it's pretty irrelivant if it's got this or that or whatever doodad, go drive a few and see what you think, there such different cars. The 4wd is good but it isn't for everyone, just depends what you like really.

and you can confirm that they are "THE SAME" suspension bits that were installed on your car in 1998?

NO.

I find it very hard to believe ANY stock suspensioned skyline handling better than a stock DC2R or DC5R

and you can confirm that they are "THE SAME" suspension bits that were installed on your car in 1998?

NO.

I find it very hard to believe ANY stock suspensioned skyline handling better than a stock DC2R or DC5R

Dude, chill out. I said it FEELS better. I didnt say it was :s

My ITR when i bought it had done 99,000km, so it had double the wear on it. So when i compare the suspention that I owned, then the Skylines FELT better.

Its definatley firmer than the ITR was. But then again so was my mums Toyota Curren, but that had dont 30,000km. Its all about wear and tear. I bet a brand new stock ITR is hard as hell.