SAU Community

Intercooler Pipe

Slidewayz

anyone know the best way to bend intercooler pipe i thnk its aluminium very light weight, i jsu need to slightly tweak it cause its a bit out, do u need to heat it or can u bend it cold only need to bend a feww degrees, any suggestions or shuld i jus go cowboy n bend it pushing it on the ground??? :P

pack it full of sand and heat it up a little, then gentally muscle it. you have to be carfull with thin walled ally, it can fold and split easy, and you may thin it out too much. can you just use a silicone bend to get the angle right?

Edited by QWK32

i worked it out its fits snug now jus use the simple method of stiking it in between a work bench n bolted down bench grinder hepza of rags to avoid scratches n giv it a slight pull, home made pipe bender :P hhaha thnks anyway man

• 2 weeks later...

A little trick for the future. Get an Oxy set, get a flame with the acetelene, cover the pipe in soot, bring oxy into the flame and set it for cutting. Wave the flame over the soot, once the soot burns off, it's ready to work with. This method works well with solid rod and flat bar.

Cheers, Greg.