SAU Community

Front Bumper - Illegal To Drive Without?

Tomei_33

Its all illegal, as Dan put it...over the roof and a cool story or loose the legs. Have a look at a street driven hotrod like a T-bucket... blacked out fenders...and the plods give them easier time than imports. *...must be something to do with age*

[offtopic]

When I was waiting at the pits at Welshpool a couple of months ago there was a statesman with a few things that weren't able to be passed, including the exhaust. It was loud & maybe it was illegal, but I have heard louder. Few minutes later a red hot rod that was being inspected in the next lane gets started up & goes for it's drive then back again next to us. It was a hell of a lot louder than the statesman was, the inspector doing the hotrod & the one that did the statesman are both there to hear it, and this guy who seemed to have the engineering papers with him was told his car will be fine to be cleared the next morning (ie I heard this inspector say at about 8:30 to just come & see him & he will be brought through, not have to wait in line). Obviously the young guy with the statesman wasn't very happy considering they gave him shit for his exhaust when another older guy comes through in a restored car with a harley-spec exhaust & gets told nothing is out of place & to come in for coffee (basically, like).

But yeah, no discrimination with age/jealousy at all :banana:

[/offtopic]

I would hate to hit someone and kill them with no front bar on.... You would be in sooooooo much trouble......

And how would you feel for the rest of your life... And the worst thing about no front bar.... Looks terrible :banana:

[offtopic]

When I was waiting at the pits at Welshpool a couple of months ago there was a statesman with a few things that weren't able to be passed, including the exhaust. It was loud & maybe it was illegal, but I have heard louder. Few minutes later a red hot rod that was being inspected in the next lane gets started up & goes for it's drive then back again next to us. It was a hell of a lot louder than the statesman was, the inspector doing the hotrod & the one that did the statesman are both there to hear it, and this guy who seemed to have the engineering papers with him was told his car will be fine to be cleared the next morning (ie I heard this inspector say at about 8:30 to just come & see him & he will be brought through, not have to wait in line). Obviously the young guy with the statesman wasn't very happy considering they gave him shit for his exhaust when another older guy comes through in a restored car with a harley-spec exhaust & gets told nothing is out of place & to come in for coffee (basically, like).

But yeah, no discrimination with age/jealousy at all :)

[/offtopic]

haha yeah thats koz welshpool is the place to take a car like that as all the guys ther love those things, they're also the head honcho's ther so big boss's

LOL, i have been waved through a RBT in my FC, with no front bumper, numberplate cable tied on to the front...

was on the way back into collie town after racing at the track.. dont think you'd get away with it in the city though.