SAU Community

Help In Buying My First Skyline

Coolduck_69

Hi guys,

Im on my search for my first turbo car,

Im looking for a silver R33 series 2 M spec, should I be looking at Private sales or dealer/importers. Does anyone one know of anyone selling this car or can recommend me a good dealer in Melbourne. Thanks guys

Edited by Coolduck_69

Mate, despite the understanding of how hard buying a new used car may be. The only advice anyone can give you is to search the SALES (whole cars) section, check www.carsales.com.au and also going to some dealerships.

There are several good cars online now... I would look at importers and dealers last as they will some time charge you an arm and a leg.

Good luck mate.

Do your homework and only settle when you know you've found the right one.

Just keep your eye on the for sale section and carsales, carpoint, etc. Test drive as many cars as possible and read the "what to look for when buying a skyline" thread.

There's also a huge thread about which dealers are good and member's experiences in this section.

Oh and look at private seller cars first in my opinion.

Good luck with your search!

SSV

Corner Princes HWY & Huntingdale Rd OAKLEIGH 9543 3722

I got my r33 through theses guys, and so have my friends. Speak to Peter he is very professional

Also

CARIZMA they trade on these forums, I purchased my S15 though them in '03 very good to deal with then.

Nick

stolen_s15: cheers for the compliment, mate.

Coolduck_69: we just sold a white one (R33 turbo) for $13,500. The buyers might be members of this forum I believe. Every car is different, so just look at a bunch of cars, and get to know what to look for that usually goes wrong in that particular model. If you don't know anything, arrange an inspection with a reputable mechanic (even via the RACV, but imports aren't their strongpoint, and some of them have an anti-import bias for some reason).

come see us anytime and definitely check out as many dealers / private sellers as you can.

cheers,

david @ carizma

SSV

Corner Princes HWY & Huntingdale Rd OAKLEIGH 9543 3722

I got my r33 through theses guys, and so have my friends. Speak to Peter he is very professional

Also

CARIZMA they trade on these forums, I purchased my S15 though them in '03 very good to deal with then.

Nick

JAPCARS in fawkener on sydney rd have a S2 silver m spec. speak to dennis, tell him daniel sent you and h will look after you. i bought my 33 frm them and the engine and drive train never failed me. plus when i modded my engine i never had any problems. just bought a 34gtt off him.

go private sale.. take someone who knows a thing or two about skyline's or keep an eye out for cars on this forum

you have a Type M, i thought M Spec was GTR?

correct me if im wrong because i too have a type m/m spec

I use and recommend J-Spec Imports for someone willing to import themselves. Most cars can be inspected by a network of mechanics in Japan and will provide photos from every angle with attention to detail. This is the way to go if you want to save money, but it's not for everybody. Good luck, hope you find the right car.

if ur gonna buy a skyline

buy one with good mods already....save ur self heaps in the end.

dont get some stockie with crap rims suspension etc...go get one with that done already...get one with a PFC...FMIC etc...not hard and only a bit extra these days....this whole I wana buy it stock is just crap...2min later and u will be chasing power.

Buy mine!! Its custom silver :happy: Very tasteful mods and comes with RWC and 12months rego. Ill even throw in my chromies for the right price ;)

Only problem is its a series 1.

Edited by ABuSD

Buy mine!! Its custom silver :thumbsup: Very tasteful mods and comes with RWC and 12months rego. Ill even throw in my chromies for the right price :)

Only problem is its a series 1.

Kell, ur R33's silver now!!!??

SINCE WHEN!! lol