SAU Community

Navman Or Tomtom?

had some problems in the maps (including it telling me to jump off the hume hwy at an overpass) but I think they all run the same maps

lol yeah I've had mine tell me to turn off the hume at goulburn when I'm on my way to sydney - wtf??

but besides the odd weird moment like that, I've had no troubles with my navman. I've used it heaps in sydney and brisbane and couldnt do without it now. I use it for the speedo reading too cos it's more accurate.

• 1 year later...

For the past few days, my Tom Tom ONE XL has been acting up.

It kept on telling me that I was on streets or in paddocks about 100metres south of where I really was.

So I waited for NEWS REPORTS to reveal that our EARTH PLANET had tilted off its axis;

or that the SATELLITES had gone wobbly.

NOTHING.

Scrambling for any proof of an extended warranty thru' The Good Guys showed that I still had a couple of months left...Phew!

The ECHO Electronics Repair joint at Bankstown fixed it within an hour or two by replacing what they called 'FIRMWARE'!

not Tipperware!

ALL FIXED! :D

Hm...

I have had Navman , Garmin and TomTom

I prefer Navman.

GUI is good, really simple and user friendly, plenty of useful functions, good POI.

Basic navman will be good to start with. Maps are really good.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the Garmin 255W and it has been pointing through different routes for me almost everytime i drive.

Quite confusing sometimes and the computer will say: turn left in 100m but the screen points right.