SAU Community

How Do I Get Exhaust Flames?

sidewayssam

was tis deliberately done or missfiring?

cos when i first got the car it was misfiring. and one day a fren was following me from behind and n rev the car around 4000-4500 rpm it misfired. saw a huge cloud of black smoke.

my fren told me there were flames n then the black smoke came out like the clip.

will tis cause any damages to the car?

according to SAU forum n mechanics its the coilpacks but i havent replace it yet.

deliberately... similar to antilag system, helps to reduce lag

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

deliberately... similar to antilag system, helps to reduce lag

my car didnt have the antilag system or beeR rev limiter... there was no popping sound just the usual sound when ur car misfirires.

y does tis happens. i did rev the car to the redline though...

my car didnt have the antilag system or beeR rev limiter... there was no popping sound just the usual sound when ur car misfirires.

y does tis happens. i did rev the car to the redline though...

if your car is missfiring... they most likly it will be your coilpacks or maybe try and regap ur plugs down to 0.8 or 0.6

Mine does it under the same conditions too Brockaz, well pops loudly at least, more often than not the fuel gets ignited at the front of the exhaust and I just get a bang with no flame. When it ignites at the back I get a 1-2ft flame apparently :P only makes a small *whop* when it flames though :P

I have been on the receiving end of a Bee*R limiter in the workshop.. 26 in a gts4, was standing on the back left of the car talking to someone when I heard the engine start to rev.. glanced at the exhaust pipe then BANG BANG BANG it hit the Bee*R limiter.. my left ear was ringing for several hours after :D

whats the fuel eco on a tune like that?

Bad.

I don't use the over-run feature much unless I've been hammering it and want to cool temps, so fuel economy is already poor.

Obviously the fuel economy on decel is bad, 200-250kms from a tank if using it regularly.

Can get about 350kms from a tank if I baby it and keep off the throttle on decel.

Bad.

I don't use the over-run feature much unless I've been hammering it and want to cool temps, so fuel economy is already poor.

Obviously the fuel economy on decel is bad, 200-250kms from a tank if using it regularly.

Can get about 350kms from a tank if I baby it and keep off the throttle on decel.

what ecu are you running ?

I would say the stock turbz will be fine with the BeeR limiter. Its more your engine taking punishment if the red line is set higher. Don't take my word for it though, but I don't see how it would damage your turbo.

what ecu are you running ?

Power FC

It's not technically an over-run feature, it's just tuned on de-cel.

Same way mine runs rotational, not technically rotational, but tuned with a fuel cut at 1000rpm and fuel recovery at 900rpm.

I would say the stock turbz will be fine with the BeeR limiter. Its more your engine taking punishment if the red line is set higher. Don't take my word for it though, but I don't see how it would damage your turbo.

DO NOT listen to this.

BeeR limiter will make short work of your turbo. It's an ignition cut rev limiter. Think about what's happening, the ignition is being cut, fuel is still being supplied to the cylinder but not ignited, it travels out the exhaust port and into the turbo where the heat can ignite it.

It's the equivilent of an explosion in your turbo, similar to how antilag works, except the unburnt fuel is not deliberately ignited on its way through the exhaust port.

yer i was guna wait till i upgrade my turbo to a non ceramic item, was just curious as to whether u cud or not as some ppl say yes some ppl say no, best to be on the safe side i guess an not risk it

thanks for the info tho mate :D

Power FC

It's not technically an over-run feature, it's just tuned on de-cel.

Same way mine runs rotational, not technically rotational, but tuned with a fuel cut at 1000rpm and fuel recovery at 900rpm.

cool, im guessing xspeed tuned it, be interested to see how a tune like that would go on my r33. shame you can't change the maps on the pfc unless you have the software and cable. would love to see some vids of it in action ur gtr was already a animal.

cool, im guessing xspeed tuned it, be interested to see how a tune like that would go on my r33. shame you can't change the maps on the pfc unless you have the software and cable. would love to see some vids of it in action ur gtr was already a animal.

cheers mate!

Yeh Ant tuned it, but it came over with the rotational/decel tuned already.