SAU Community

Wow! These Must Work

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on E-Bay today, and it must work, I mean the internet never lies, does it?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Vortekz-Vortex-Gene...1QQcmdZViewItem

Altho, on the right car they may look kinda decent

Your link didn't work for me.... but this one should.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=290195160527

Fellas, I have these on my car... I did it not because I wanna be like an EVO (mind you the EVO ones are much larger and come in a dash-like display) - but instead I think they look nice, and they do at to the aerodynamics of the car... same with the spoiler, it limits downforce and therefore allows the car to move slightly quicker when downforce is minimized. I personally like them and they look nice on my car - totally personal though.

Cheers.

dont these come standard on Evos'? I've seen these on a supra fully riced up. Man the guy driving it was a total fob driving his mum. lol

Mate, I know exactly the Supra you're talking about... but you're wrong, he didn't have these - if he had only these on the room near the back window, I would've said 'fair enough personal taste' but he had the big-arse ones that actually have a led tip that light up at night like a Christmas tree. Oh boy, he didn't have just ten or twenty, the guy had around 50 or 60 on all over the car. Yes, all over - meaning, on the sides of the bonnet, near the lights, on the side of the front bar, the doors, sideskirts, near the quarter panel, boot, backbar, wing and up his arse too... it looked like a Staegarsaurus on steroids. And yes, he had no idea - Rice boy... saw him on Prince Highway in the eastern side of Melbourne one morning with a bunch of other rice-burners - look like a FOB mofo. Oh well, different people have different taste - what can you do?

Cheers,

Kevin

Fellas, I have these on my car... I did it not because I wanna be like an EVO (mind you the EVO ones are much larger and come in a dash-like display) - but instead I think they look nice, and they do at to the aerodynamics of the car... same with the spoiler, it limits downforce and therefore allows the car to move slightly quicker when downforce is minimized. I personally like them and they look nice on my car - totally personal though.

Cheers.

hahaa and you are the one who makes fun of big spoilers??? that looks way to ricey to put on a skyline.... not to mention it looks cheap

hahaa and you are the one who makes fun of big spoilers??? that looks way to ricey to put on a skyline.... not to mention it looks cheap

Everyone to their own buddy, but yeah - must agree it is RICE - can't say much about that? :(

Well they work when the rest of the cars aero package has been designed to work with it... Because if it is modifying the flow of air over the back of the car, but the car has been designed to not have them it could cause a negitive rather than a positive.

dont these come standard on Evos'? I've seen these on a supra fully riced up. Man the guy driving it was a total fob driving his mum. lol

LoL!! is this the black supra? its the ugliest thing iv ever seen! i couldnt stop laughing tho, cracked me up hard!! he has around 40-50 of them all over the roof! :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

i find it interesting that some of you think that adding ten little one inch high sharks fins to the rear of your roof will make a noticeably difference to a car that ways more than 1.5t and is a 1.5m high... do the math :-)

Its like putting diffusers in the rear bar to improve undercar dynamics when u have ur exhaust and suspension and etc hanging down anyway...

seriously...

i find it interesting that some of you think that adding ten little one inch high sharks fins to the rear of your roof will make a noticeably difference to a car that ways more than 1.5t and is a 1.5m high... do the math :-)

Its like putting diffusers in the rear bar to improve undercar dynamics when u have ur exhaust and suspension and etc hanging down anyway...

seriously...

Well, perhaps the poster wants to 'add' something to his car within his budget - he's rightful to do so.

I mean, let's face it, we've all gone through the stage where every $5, $50, $300 dollars goes straight into the car.

I say good luck to him. >_<

LoL!! is this the black supra? its the ugliest thing iv ever seen! i couldnt stop laughing tho, cracked me up hard!! he has around 40-50 of them all over the roof! :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

40-50? How the heck can you fit so many on?

40-50? How the heck can you fit so many on?

haha ye its hillarious! He dosnt have them in one row at the front like the evo's do. He has them in multiple rows all over the roof. The rows start from the front of the windscreen and finish at the rear windscreen on the roof.

Lol... a friend of mine runs the Vinyl shop that did the vinyls on his car. When his car was seen with a bunch of others, that was a cruise organised by my friend to get all his customers and friends together. Some of the cars weren't that great looking but there were quite a few quality cars there. Funny to say but that guy came along uninvited as far as i know, and his mum and sisters were in the car also along for the cruise.

From what my friend has told me, his mum picked majority of the stickers etc that are on his car, along with getting a massive shopping list of stuff thats not even on his car, he has a merc AMG badge on the back that has been cut up and stuck on to say GAM. I will try and find the photo that i took of that car on the day of the cruise to post up here.

Oh and all the shark fins that are on his car have LED's, but they all need to be switched on one by one... lol.

Mate, I know exactly the Supra you're talking about... but you're wrong, he didn't have these - if he had only these on the room near the back window, I would've said 'fair enough personal taste' but he had the big-arse ones that actually have a led tip that light up at night like a Christmas tree. Oh boy, he didn't have just ten or twenty, the guy had around 50 or 60 on all over the car. Yes, all over - meaning, on the sides of the bonnet, near the lights, on the side of the front bar, the doors, sideskirts, near the quarter panel, boot, backbar, wing and up his arse too... it looked like a Staegarsaurus on steroids. And yes, he had no idea - Rice boy... saw him on Prince Highway in the eastern side of Melbourne one morning with a bunch of other rice-burners - look like a FOB mofo. Oh well, different people have different taste - what can you do?

Cheers,

Kevin

People like this should not be allowed near cars. I know it's personnal taste, but surely they have SOME idea of what actuall kinda sorta looks average?

BTW, have I told you guys about the new rallyart sticker I've got for my R33...?

just a little info -

the Z club in the USA went to the trouble of Wind Tunnel testing alot of different aero combos on the 240z and 280z, these exact vortex generators were tested and found to work with the correct type of wing on the back of the boot.

effectiveness is definately determined on the rest of the aero package on the car