SAU Community

M35

cogdog

hey guys i purchased a 01 m35 not long ago and i love it so just thought i'd make a thread so that all the m35 owners could post some pics and mods and any info you'd like to share.

i'll start

the only mod i have so far is a blitz pod filter with a heat sheild. it came with the car and i'm not a big fan of it + i've been hearing they aren't much good at filtering. :P it sounds good though :(

heres a few pics

post-46123-1200174820_thumb.jpg

post-46123-1200174848_thumb.jpg

post-46123-1200174874_thumb.jpg

wow thats sick did you just get that from northern prestege imports in balgowlah or what ever its called.

i look foward to seeing you out and about i'm on the northern beaches too.

p.s. i have stagea jealousy of your car ;)

wow thats sick did you just get that from northern prestege imports in balgowlah or what ever its called.

i look foward to seeing you out and about i'm on the northern beaches too.

p.s. i have stagea jealousy of your car ;)

Yes I did, It is a nice car and only had 34k on teh clock so was a good bargin. It is a dream to drive and has all the features, except a 12v in the back cargo area which I really need....or should I say my sons PSP needs.

Ben tells me he has a black AXIS coming in very soon (no sunroofs), so hopefully more on the northern beaches. We have a shop in Dee Why so you may see it cruising around there every now and then.

Yes I did, It is a nice car and only had 34k on teh clock so was a good bargin. It is a dream to drive and has all the features, except a 12v in the back cargo area which I really need....or should I say my sons PSP needs.

Ben tells me he has a black AXIS coming in very soon (no sunroofs), so hopefully more on the northern beaches. We have a shop in Dee Why so you may see it cruising around there every now and then.

I'm also impressed by those photos. I'm normally not a big fan of the M35 shape etc. but yours looks quite nice. What model is it? and are those wheels standard? and is it lowered at all? All the other M35's I've seen that I like have been lowered and have larger rims than stock...

There is an easy solution to the 12v power supply for the back seat.

I put a 12v plug in the centre console. The power wires for most games and ipods will fit between the lid when closed.

You just need to splice in a set of wires from the back of the cigarete lighter and run it down the centre consloe. I got the plug from Whitworths and just drilled a hole in the front edge of the centre console box. The attached link shows how to remove all the console to get at the wires. http://g35ipod.com/installHW.php?skin=1&src=mp3car-sig,

I showed this to the guys at Northshore presige on Friday.

I'm also impressed by those photos. I'm normally not a big fan of the M35 shape etc. but yours looks quite nice. What model is it? and are those wheels standard? and is it lowered at all? All the other M35's I've seen that I like have been lowered and have larger rims than stock...

As far as I know the Autech M35 AXIS Stagea has a lowered firmer suspension , the rims are stock, the interior trim is white and black, AXIS labeled carpets, BOSE Stereo, of course the body kit. I am sure there are a few other things not mentioned.

I wouldn't mind a nice sounding note from the exhaust system, as with most Stagea's I get asked often what sort of car it is, as the only giveaway of the make is the small nissan logo on the back. Only the guy at Strathfield Car Audio knew it straight off.

As far as I know the Autech M35 AXIS Stagea has a lowered firmer suspension , the rims are stock, the interior trim is white and black, AXIS labeled carpets, BOSE Stereo, of course the body kit. I am sure there are a few other things not mentioned.

I wouldn't mind a nice sounding note from the exhaust system, as with most Stagea's I get asked often what sort of car it is, as the only giveaway of the make is the small nissan logo on the back. Only the guy at Strathfield Car Audio knew it straight off.

There is a M35 on youtube - showing off the exhaust note, and it is one of the nicest sounding exhausts i've heard ever. So with a good exhaust system I think you'll be very impressed. It'll make your car more responsive and probably more fuel efficient too. :D

So its a mostly stock Autech AXIS version? hmmm, my next car ;) (dont tell the missus :D )

Thanks for the Ipod thing....you gave me a good idea which may be useful for all those that have the DVD/TV/SAT NAV....see pic below....now we just have to sort where we can get buttons from....lol

If you want to run your Ipod through the stereo, there is a neater and cheaper way listed under the V35 forum. I have attached the link.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/di...html&hl=m35,

Also found a great source for stereo and accessory leads out of the US. Allows you to hook up your ipod through the apple connector at the bottom of the ipod to an RCA plug. This is better than the 3.5mm plug because the volume is constant.

http://www.oemautosound.com/c-194-nissan-to-ipod.aspx :D

hey guys does anyone else have what looks like a hands free mobile phone set up in there car. there are two speaker looking things one on the dash and one at the top of the B piler near my head. there is also a button that when pushed lights up and speaker things make slight noise. thats placed on the pasenger side on dash.

does anyone have any idea what it is?

if its a hands free can i use it and how?

thanks

p.s.

does anyone have a stock air box and filter that they want to sell.or swap. i have to go back to stock for insurence purposes

Edited by cogdog

hey guys does anyone else have what looks like a hands free mobile phone set up in there car. there are two speaker looking things one on the dash and one at the top of the B piler near my head. there is also a button that when pushed lights up and speaker things make slight noise. thats placed on the pasenger side on dash.

does anyone have any idea what it is?

if its a hands free can i use it and how?

thanks

p.s.

does anyone have a stock air box and filter that they want to sell.or swap. i have to go back to stock for insurence purposes

]\

What airbox & filter do you currently have, some pics would be nice....might be interested.

Who is the insurer.

Just noticed the M35 doesn't have a strut brace. Although it does have sections on either side joining the strut towers to the firewall if that makes sense...

However as far as handling goes, I do know that the M35 has the front midship configuration meaning that the engine is placed back behind the front wheels to improve weight balance - so maybe this outweighs the lack of a strut brace. Also there may not be enough room for one under the bonnet?

Just noticed the M35 doesn't have a strut brace. Although it does have sections on either side joining the strut towers to the firewall if that makes sense...

However as far as handling goes, I do know that the M35 has the front midship configuration meaning that the engine is placed back behind the front wheels to improve weight balance - so maybe this outweighs the lack of a strut brace. Also there may not be enough room for one under the bonnet?

The suspension in the front end is pretty good stuff. Sydney Kid had a look under my car and was impressed with the quality of the set up. I am not sure uf this makes a front strut brace redundant?

i finally got my car on a hoist so i could have a really good look at it and i was suprised to see it had TEIN shocks and springs all round with a fully ajustible front end. :PBJ: i'm pretty happy with that.

also i'm still looking to get a stock air box so if anyone has one or knows where i can get one let me know :P

Just wait till I get my suspension and sway bars sorted. :laughing-smiley-014:

Just got to work out the best method of getting it off the line at a corner without upsetting the misses by sliding around.

Thought I would put a picture of my ARX up.

Cheers

Andy

post-41854-1200827617_thumb.jpg

post-41854-1200827644_thumb.jpg