SAU Community

Syd EC Drive Day 8/8/02

OZ GTR35

Guest DFLASH

hmmm very very tempting..

i might just rock up on the day and if theres a spot, i'll take it.

just after the last time I took my car on the track, my rb25 baby didn't enjoy it too much and passed away.... so now i'm treating her better :)

bonks I have a few mates who are definates, i've told them to post their names here... i'll chase them up.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend just confirmed that he can come half day, morning to be exact.

Has reservations about legality of bald tyres, can someone clarify what is acceptable for use, eg accepted at an RTA inspection station etc, or bald is fine as long as there is no sidewall damage.

How bold is bold?

I'd prefer to ride on my 17's due to the width and handling of

the tires which are down the the wear indicators., but i haven't

had a chance to change them i have to ride on my stock 16's

which handle like crap...

bonks thanks for that ity appear i have a wire connection to the solenoid thats furked

paul thats right m8 the steel belts just means that you have another ten laps left in the tyre(anyone who doesnt belive i have the video to proove it hahahahahahaahah *** im stupid...disclaimer dont do that with your own car)

pete

originally posted on SDU

Ok,

So track day is from 9am - 5pm, is that the time we need to arrive for briefing and scrutineering or the time we start on the track, hence we need to be there around 8:15-8:30am?

Could someone please confirm?

Bonks, we cruising down together as usual, and is sis coming? What time you leaving? Fred wants to cruise with us also.

Cheers,

Dan.

All,

I will ring Dave Stone tomorrow and confirm times for everything and post once I know.

What I do know is that whatever the kickoff time we all have to be there in time to complete our paperwork and have cars scrutineered, so allow half an hour for that.

People it is also important that we organise to collect the money and pay as a group to get the discount, this means find me as I will be collecting the credits. I will also collect the indemnity forms so don't hand them to the Moto people.

Most of you know me from previous track days so if you are bringing friends let them know also - if you don't know me, my car is a black GTS with sparco wheels and I am the young looking old fart - HA!

As usual scoops at the Cricketer's Arms post event.

All,

I have spoken to Motoconcepts about the time to get to the track, they suggest 0730 - 0800 so that there is time for scrutineering, completion of indemnity forms and attending the compulsory drivers briefing.

Sorry Pete the BOM forcast is for a dry day, SW/NW winds, min temp 7, max 19.

Current list of drivers is:

Full day

Silver-Arrows + 4

Julian GTS-t

Roy

XrSiSt + 2

Bonks

Zane

Majanal + 1

Matt

Total = 15

Morning

Roy's friend

What the hell is going on. My car just sheared its rear left control arm. My car now runs 5-8 degrees positive camber.

Just spoke to my mechanic, 95% sure can get it all fixed tomorrow. Just thought i should give you people the heads up, that more bad luck tomorrow may mean i ll have no car to drive.

The car was rear ended 9 months ago, maybe that had something to do with it.

Interested to hear from guys who run Teins etc compared to my Bilsteins, whether they have had problems with bending control arms, suspension failure etc.

If this is a freak occurence, trust that it would happen to me.

Originally posted by ManNGolf

what if im apart of the group and cant come till later?????

Just did Eddie's IQ test and I reckon the answer is = Guess it means you'll be late.

What time will you be there? 0408 603 231

Guest ManNGolf

G'day Simon......I had plan to pick up my brother who doesnt live with me in Birrong at 8:05am(i cant pick him up any earlier) and I'd assume we'd get there around 8:45am??

The main issue is whether or not I'll still get the group discount of $130 and if they accept cars for the track day around that time.

If they only have ONE session where they check the cars and no other.........then I suppose i'll have to change my plans.

If you like i can give my rego number to XRSIST and the payment of $130 so that im included in your list but will be just comming later.

William.

William

If you use the M4 it should only take you about 25 minutes so you won't be to late. No use sending money with Xrsist cos' you have to fill in forms and stuff anyway.

Xrsist,

Wasup, why arn't you happy fella?

People - does anyone know if there are others coming that I have left off the list cos' we still don't have 15 names.

Guest DFLASH

Simon,

I know my mate Matt is going, drives a pewter S15.

I will confirm with him later this evening who else he may be coming along with. Should get you the numbers needed.

Should know by this evening.

Jordan...

Originally posted by Bonkers

Xrsist,

Wasup, why arn't you happy fella?

ahaha. Bonks it's kooliez.. I'm just saying disapointed with Mr

William boy here..

Jordz, so u gonna give her a little nice run with me like last time?

C'mon man! :)

Anywayz, I'll see you all tomorrow bright and early. I haven't met

half the people on this forum so if you see me come and say hi...

I don't bite... :burnout: