SAU Community

Newbie With 3 White Nissans Saying Hi

llama_au

I did give it a very quick wash today and used some Meguiars Cleaner Wax on the major stains. It already looks 100% better. I didn't do the whole car, just the bad parts. I'll leave it to a professional to do the whole car. The interior though is absolutely spotless, no-one needs to touch it.

For another few km's of driving today (to the petrol station/car wash) it was awesome, I'm hanging out so bad :devil:

So...new photos :(

P4050002.jpg

P4050007.jpg

P4050008.jpg

P4050006.jpg

P4050005.jpg

P4050004.jpg

P4050010.jpg

I'm stealing your streets.

P4050003.jpg

Haven't quite worked out how to drive three cars at once yet :lol:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I didn't pass the rego inspection the first time. But then I changed something, went back and just passed it :( I was panicking for a while, it failed on ride height. The engine splash guard was too low, with that removed it just cleared *phew* Car is now on the road and registered. The white wheels and 3" exhaust will be sitting pretty on it tomorrow :P

Nice car/s.

i enjoy not having a "conventional" fast car. CA18det AUTO gazelle. always good to supprise people.

I like the 4 door 34's, see a couple getting around now. usually they are flat grey or dark silver though.

I remember cleaning my car every 3rd day when i first got her... now it's every 2-3 weeks :S :D

Woot, the R34 is booked in on Monday to have a single DIN CD/MP3 headunit installed and to piss off all the Jap stereo and navigation garbage which is useless here. I'll also remove the handsfree kit. A DIN pocket will be installed in the spare DIN slot. Then it's off next Saturday to have a full exterior clean, polish and wax and engine bay detail (steam clean and degrease) which should take most of the day. Should look 100% more respectable, then I'll post engine bay shots. It's not particularly cheap but it'll be worth it :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Got 3 runs in at Calder, I've never run at Calder before. All were pretty similar.

N15 LX Sedan

Avenir PNW10 SR20DET - Auto

GT28RS running 14PSI (stock boost) - 158.5fwkw

Average street tyres, everything in the car including the spare wheel

Ambient Temp: don't know, f'ken cold

Calder Park Raceway, VIC - 02/05/08

1st Run:

- 60ft: 2.359

- Elapsed Time: 13.611

- Trap Speed: 106.58mph

2nd Run:

- 60ft: 2.314

- Elapsed Time: 13.563

- Trap Speed: 104.18mph

3rd Run:

- 60ft: 2.321

- Elapsed Time: 13.579

- Trap Speed: 104.94mph

Still had fun but I was hoping for better. My 60ft time is worse than with the T25g, I'd kinda guessed that as it's a bit laggy off the line and then OMFG wheelspin for another 100-200m. The wheelspin was pretty shocking last night, combination of rain all day, average street tyres and my LSD packing up and going home. I also completely locked up my brakes braking from 200kmp/h on the first run and caused massive flat spots.

Well a few updates. After taking the car down the quarter last night, I have a few upgrades planned. I'm still yet to get the Auto sorted and the car tuned, but that's not too far away now. Additionally to that I've discovered my LSD is completely f*cking useless. Every burnout (I only did three) resulted in massive single-spinners. These photos should give you an idea:

One side of the car:

P5030001.jpg

P5030002.jpg

P5030003.jpg

The other side:

P5030004.jpg

A side note: rubber is really f*cking hard to get off the car. I spent a while today trying to get the caked rubber out of the guards from last night and previous times. The rubber extended over the roof and even onto the bootlid :lol:

I'm really not sure what my options are in the LSD department, being that I don't think that SR18DE Auto had many aftermarket performance parts. I have an SR18DE shift kit (so there are aftermarket parts) but I'm not sure if there are any more options aside from replacing the VSLD available as off the shelf items. I'll have to speak to my Auto guy when it goes in next, it's quite overdue for it's yearly service but I've been wanting to hold off until it's tuned for high boost so he can see how much of a pig it is to drive on the street at the moment.

I also upgraded my front tyres today after locking them up at 200kmp/h and sliding for a couple of hundred metres (oops.) Times like these I could have done with ABS. I think my brake bias is also waaaaaaaay out. I didn't even slam on the brakes but they gripped so hard at that speed that I just went into a massive forward slide. Lets just say the flat spots I left were massive.

New tyres:

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001 :)

P5030005.jpg

I'm looking forward to the injectors, AFM and tune to happen soon. Then it'll be getting the shift points on the Auto sorted. Then it'll be more boost and down the quarter again to see what change it's made :(

Updates on the R34 maybe tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Specs on the Pulsar as I've not posted them on here as yet:

Engine/Driveline:

- Fully engineered/VASS certified JDM Avenir PNW10 SR20DET (2L Turbo) conversion from stock GA16DE (1.6L Naturally Aspirated), custom wiring harness, retaining Air-con.

- Avenir Auto ECU re-mapped by Dr Drift

- Nismo 740cc injectors

- Genuine Z32 Airflow Meter with Bosch plug

- HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller

- HKS Oil Cap

- Nismo Radiator Cap

- New SR20DE rubber engine mounts, solid filled (flexane) driver's side engine mount

- Two Aftermarket Auto Transmission Coolers

- 600x300x76 Hybrid Copy Front Mount Intercooler, custom Stainless Steel piping

- Go Fast Bits StealthFX BOV (Black)

- Custom Aluminium Pod Box with 3A Racing POD Filter, Metal Intake Pipe, Battery Tray moved elsewhere in engine bay to suit

- GT28RS Disco Potato .64 housing with modified actuator bracket and rod

- CES Split GTi-R Dump Pipe

- CES Metal Substrate Cat

- Pulsar RNN14 GTiR Exhaust Manifold

- Longer Manifold Studs

- Liverpool Exhaust 10mm Manifold Spacer Plate

- 3" full Stainless Steel Exhaust, Stainless Steel Sports Muffler with Droopy Chrome Tip

- Pulse PHB650 Dry Cell Battery

- Pulsar N14 JDM SR18DE Auto Transmission with VLSD, rebuilt for turbo application completely from scratch;

Custom Valve Body

Custom Heavy Duty Clutch Packs and Hubs

Custom Heavy Duty Band and Drum 12mm wider than standard

Custom Torque Converter with Heavy Duty Lock Up Clutch and Roller Bearings

Custom machined Servo Assembly

SR18DE Sentra Shift Kit

Suspension & Brakes:

- Tein Super Street Coilovers with Pillow-Ball Upper Mounts

- Tein Electronic Damper Force Control (EDFC) on each strut

- Whiteline Blade Adjustable Rear Swaybar

- Whiteline Adjustable Front Strut Brace (Chrome)

- Sentra B14/200sx Adjustable Rear Strut Brace (Chrome)

- Whiteline Front Swaybar D-Bushes

- Whiteline Front Swaybar End-link Bushes

- Pulsar RNN14 GTi-R Front Calipers (AD22VF) sprayed gold

- Bendix Advance Brake Pads (front)

- DBA Slotted Rotors (front)

- Pulsar N15 SSS Rear Disc Brake rear axle conversion (calipers sprayed gold)

- Unknown pads and rotors (rear)

Exterior:

- Pulsar N15 S1 SSS Front Bumper (middle insert cut out for FMIC) with black aluminium mesh in brake ducts

- Topstage S1 Lip

- ASV N15 (VZ-R Copy) Side Skirts

- ASV N15 (VZ-R Copy) Sedan Rear Pods

- JDM Pulsar N15 Lucino Grille

- JDM Pulsar N15 GT Bootlid with high-mount brake light mounted in the spoiler

- De-stickered and de-badged boot

- Newstyle Eyelids

- Full respray in custom White with House of Kolor Blue Ice Pearl

- Black Bonnet with House of Kolor Blue Ice Pearl

- Colour-coded door handles and mirrors

Interior/Rice:

- 1Kg Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher in passenger foot well

- Auto Gauge Defi-style black-face Boost, Water Temp. & Oil Temp gauges mounted in DIN spot under Air-Con/Heater Controls, head unit relocated to bottom DIN slot

- Aluminium pedals with rubber inserts

- Blue/Green EL Dials

- Black Recaro-style front reclining racing seats with custom rails

- Back seat & all door cards fully re-trimmed in black mesh material (to match front racing seats)

- Grey front and rear floor mats

- Slimline mid blue 'PULSER' number plates with front protector

Wheels & Tyres:

- 16x7.0" +35mm Watanabe Racing wheels in Grey with a Silver lip, 5mm spacers on the front to clear calipers

- Bridgestone 'Adrenalin RE001' 205/45/R16 tyres (Front)

- Hankook 'Ventus V8 RS H422' 205/45/R16 tyres (Rear)

- Nismo Extended Wheel Studs all round

Lights:

- Genuine Pulsar S1 N15 SSS Foglights and Switch

- Genuine Pulsar S2 N15 SSS black surround crystal Headlights

- Genuine Pulsar S2 N15 SSS Front Indicators (clear-modified with chrome/amber globes)

- Genuine Pulsar S2 N15 crystal Tail Lights

- Clear Side Indicators with amber flashing silver-painted globes

- Phillips 'Bluevision' headlight and parker globes

- Narva 'Plus 30' foglight globes

Windows:

- 20% tinted rear windscreen, rear quarter windows and rear side windows and 35% (darkest legal) tinted front side windows

Audio:

- Clarion DXZ656MP Head Unit

- Pioneer 6" 4 Way Speakers mounted behind stock door pods

- Pioneer 6x9" 3 Way Speakers mounted flush with rear parcel shelf

Other:

- Driver's Airbag

- Viper Paging Alarm with Remote Start

- NavMan ICN 330 GPS

• 1 month later...

Some photos from Sandown the weekend before last (I chose the ones with the most body roll as it looks more interesting than the straight ahead photos :lol:):

IMG_1072_1.jpg

IMG_1039_1.jpg

IMG_1042_1.jpg

IMG_1449_1.jpg

IMG_1453_1.jpg

IMG_1454_1.jpg

IMG_1558_1.jpg

IMG_1559_1.jpg

IMG_1561_1.jpg

IMG_1639_1.jpg

IMG_1455_1-1.jpg

The photographer seemed to get more photos in the 3 laps the instructor did in my car than when I was driving it (you'll see photos with two people in the car.) I probably did 40-50 laps before calling it a day and watching people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still waiting for the DIN gauge to arrive. On the Skyline front:

1000km's driving yesterday resulted in excellent condition stockies with tyres that have plenty of tread:

P9070002.jpg

P9070003.jpg

Admittedly a lot of the cash adjustment I got for my rims went into the 95L of fuel it took to get to Wagga and back :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well, I haven't updated much progress on the Pulsar. Mainly because I've been frustrated. But maybe things are looking up. There's a number of things I can't discuss online but I am getting closer to putting in place steps to resolve them. In a nutshell I have had transmission problems on and off for 4 months, stemming back to damage caused to the transmission earlier this year. I am expecting the car back next week, and the transmission to be 100%. It can then go back to Sam (Dr Drift) for a check on the tune, which is where it was the last time the transmission decided to let go. Didn't even manage to get on the rollers :rofl:

Also learnt something new, if the car's moved around and just left to idle too often it'll foul plugs and the car won't start :lol: Thanks Sam for the advice.

So, what have I got planned? Get the tune checked out, install the Defi gauges I purchased (pics in my intro thread), some Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres for the rear (to match the front) and then try to enjoy the car for how it is.

Edited by llama_au