SAU Community

Where To Buy?

-FIGJAM-

Hey Guys,

Quick question, im looking at spending a bit of money on my system, round the 5grand mark and was wondering where i should take my buisness to? Im from Campbelltown and dont want to travel too far.

Just want to go to someone who deals with a few skylines and has done a good job with the install n all.

Cheers

hey mate well i have a long standing business relationship with auto barn at green valley, they have put every stereo in all of my cars for me, my commodore, my R34 and in my R33... the commoore purely for bass applications and competitions so it wasnt a pretty system but pumped hard..... my R34's system was a nice clean neat system and it pumped out 137.0 dB at sydney autosalon in mid 07 (not final battle) and thus far my R33's stereo has proven to be quite strong and if i say so myself quite a neat and sexy install while also delivering the power that i wanted..... so if ur after a good setup and a good team of installers and sales people i recommend auto barn green valley their number is 98269300..... tell them daniel with the R33 recommended them to u...... attached are some pix of all 3 of my systems first the commodore then the R34 and the R33.....

post-36124-1201295650_thumb.jpg

post-36124-1201295747_thumb.jpg

post-36124-1201295817_thumb.jpg

post-36124-1201295857_thumb.jpg

Mate. If you've got the time, an ebay account and you know what you want, I'd recommend you buy all your products online then get someone to fit them for you. I just bought an Alpine headunit from the states landed in Australia for half the price of the Australian rrp.

With the Aussie dollar strong at the moment you can get heaps of stuff cheap from overseas.

and when he buys a DVD based unit and gets it fitted and it doesn't play his DVD or doesnt work who does he blame??

support the local industry and it will support you.

That's all good and shit bro, but when you've got a country like Australia making it as expensive as possible for people to buy/import things from overseas, it becomes a totally different ball game aye. Especially with cars and electronics. It's not our fault AUS doesn't have major factories/manufacturers that can compete with the international industry. I'm not going to just give away free money mate and I'm sure many people here feel the same. As if the import schemes aren't enough.. AUS demands ridiculously high prices for maintaining cars. On-road costs, registration, insurance, spare parts and the list goes on forever. Compare the costs with other countries and you'll realize it's actually pretty expensive living in this country. You obviously aren't a very good businessman :ermm: peace~

fair points though I get at least 3 customers a week like this. they bought gear off ebay and they realise that the unit will not work here AFTER they have booked me , I have done the job and then realised that the indash DVD they bought that looked like a local one is loecked to region 3 or region 1. the end result is a ticked off customer and no matter what you do they are not happy because the $400 alpine dvd uint they bought and paid you a decent whack of cash to fit doesnt work..

I import various items from japan myself for the local grey market cars so I'm well aware of the import costs exchange rates and markets.

as for living in other countries - I have. I'm well aware of the costs of maintaining a car here and in the USA. when averaged out they are quite close in cost.

Edited by Chris Rogers

Just have to make sure then that the DVD player that you buy plays our dvd's or is region free :ermm:

I general back everything up on my PC anyway and then mix and match DVD's anyway I'm sure that you can change the format/ region that you burn a dvd in.; can't you?

Hey Guys

Thanks for the feed back. I dont have the knowledge to go through ebay and try and find what i want from overseas, hence why i was thinking of going straight to a shop. i was looking at No Limits because they are local to where i live but i havent heard anything about them. Has anyone used them? or know of anybody else that is decent?

Hey Guys

Thanks for the feed back. I dont have the knowledge to go through ebay and try and find what i want from overseas, hence why i was thinking of going straight to a shop. i was looking at No Limits because they are local to where i live but i havent heard anything about them. Has anyone used them? or know of anybody else that is decent?

No Limit used to have a store in Wollongong for a short time. If the store in Campbeltown is anything like the one they had in Wollongong I would definitely recommend. I dealt with the part-owner of the Wollongong store and he definitely knows his product! They also done a VERY good price on a pair of Eclipse 10" Woofers for one of my mates...particularly considering that they were an order in item and not off the shelf. It doesn't hurt to shop around but if you're looking to get an install job done as well, you'll probably have more chance at cutting a good supply/install deal with a reputable car audio place that does all it's installs in-house rather than a retailer like JB that generally contracts out the installs as there's little to no room to work out a good price on the install component.

Doran is highly recommended man, they are killers.

But for you, the closest would ebe Car Audio Excellence

33 Queen Street

Campbelltown.

4626 6766

They are pretty good aswell.

Doran (Bankstown), FHRX (Caringbah), Platinum Car Audio (Rydalmere), Precision Car Audio (Carlton), etc etc. All good at what they do, but it really depends what you want. Take the time, call or visit them to get an idea if they can match your expectations.

BTW, you'd be surprised at the prices that places like these car do on equipment. It's not as bad as some think. I had previously bought stuff overseas, but I've since discovered that local prices can be cheaper if you look hard enough. Plus if you're getting an installation done, you're more likely to be able to get discounts on parts anyway.

i was thinking of spending around 5grand on the system. nothing too flash but decent enough and was hoping for a decent install and boot install. one question with boot installs i hear that some make the sound alot louder and better is this true? also is it tru that with boot installs u can only listen to rnb and other such genres of music? just something i heard dont know if its true or not.

you are best taking it to one of the places that razorsharp recomended

and what do you mean that with boot installs you can only listen to certain music?

you can listen to any music.

a boot install is just an installation of incar entertainment equipment in teh boot.

its not like if you put jazz in the CD player will be like "oh no i cant play that, i have a boot install, so im not aloud...