SAU Community

Cruise Tonight From Mandurah -> Perth (sat Feb 23rd)

Magic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone is 100% aware the forum is about ... 200m from the mandurah cop shop yeah?

I actually didn't know that. Did we wanna change the meet point then? I'm not sure, where would be a good alternative? =\

Wellllll, for a Saturday night, I'm not sure whats on in the area, but the only places I can think of are:

1) The parking area next to the skatepark behind the old bridge (Western foreshore) Its big-ish but if the circus is still there it may be full :banana:

2) The other side of the forum carpark ... The end not next to the cop shop hehe. Only drawback to anything in that carpark is also speed bumps, but if my car can make it without scraping, anyone can do it. There arent that many actually.

+EDIT - The skate park area is not far from the forum, just down the road about 2 or 3 minutes. In case anyone didnt like my description since it sounds hard to get to ^.^

Edited by BettyBlue

Yeah good idea,

So...

Meet point Mandurah Forum undercover carpark 9pm, depart 9.30pm... Import cars only.

Then stop off at Warnbro Fair carpark in Rocko.

Then stop off at Leach Highway Maccas.

And then to City West Carpark and back.

Anyone else wana add there 2 cents. I want to get it all sorted by next weekend. So much for me just putting the idea forward and someone else organising it lol.

And ne1 who's more cruise savy than me (most of you) wana give me a hand with the map/route we're gona take? And are we doin stop offs on the way back or what.

I'll probably give out free t-shirts and stuff at each stop, which you can see on my myspace, if I'm feelin generous. ;)

On the way back down For ppl from the south we can jump onto the coast ?? be nice :D

Which is fine the skate park or the forum? If it's the forum, probably by MacDonald's side. Let me know which spot you guys prefer so I can get the map sorted out over the weekend.

Cheers.

On the way back down For ppl from the south we can jump onto the coast ?? be nice ;)

Hey man just PM'd you. Quite possible, I dont really want to stop much on the way back, maybe just in Rocko once for fuel if needed, and then go, if that.

Edited by Magic

farkkk that.

As soon as you mentioned Mitchell Freeway I was like nahhhhh. lol. Idea is good, but it's a lengthy cruise as it is, so we'll leave it as it is. :P

The way back will be as it says on the first post, straight down the kwinana and so forth.

Monga can you confirm that you meant the forum or skate park is fine? and if it's the forum, Maccas or HJ's side?

Maps nearly done, just confirming the bits and pieces.

On the way there we are, yep. Have a look at the first post.

On the way back it's just gona be str8 down the kwinana and possibly stop for fuel in Rocko.

I'm going to test the map myself with some other Skyliners from work on Sunday, so I'll post the finalised map during the week.

They'll be handed out on the day anyway, the regroup points wont change at all, just waiting for Monga to reply about the whole skate park/forum spot. Meeting behind Maccas at the forum should be fine imo though..

Edited by Magic

So is it from mandurah to perth and back again? or is it just mandurah to perth?

Also, my mate was interested in coming, drives an SX Celica with an imported GT4 engine, drivetrain and interior. Not your standard Celica, thats for sure. Beats most cars on the road, easily. Is that ok?

It's from Mandurah to Perth.

The trip back down kwinana freeway is optional depending on where you live. I know there is a lot of NoR and Freo people coming, so I doubt they'd make the trip back coz it'd be pointless. But for the Rocko/Mandurah ppl we'll go back together down the freeway. There MIGHT be a regroup in Rocko but I'm not sure yet. I'm making the full trip from Mandurah -> City West 2moro (10th) so I'll have it all confirmed soon.

And passin ewe I'll check out Repco and Harvey Norman carpark as well.

Edited by Magic

Yeah sounds good Monga. I just went and did the full route today. Harvey Norman is a good place to meet as well, but most ppl have been told the Forum already, so we'll leave it at forum. :yes: