SAU Community

100 000 Km Service In Perth

And

Hi guys,

Well, it's time for 100k km service, my stagea is almost there.

I wonder if people can recommend a good workshops for me, pref. close to where I live (around Freo) or where I work (West Perth).

Osborne park might be considered too :wave:)

PS another big question - should I change a water pump "just in case" ? :)

Cheers

yes

change water pump without a doubt

I paid for mine to be done when I first got the stagea, then 2yrs later it went again

Im pretty sure the company who did the work 1st time didnt change it, & over charged me a hell of a lot.

Needless to say I'll never go back there again.

Get every thing done. ie all fluids flushed, the complete 100000km service including all new belts etc, grease up of all lubricated areas, new oil filter, fuel filter and possibly even new fuel hose, etc etc etc

so its timing belt time hey? are you sure it has not already been replaced?

is DIY an option for you ( to keep the cost down and the fun up )

Timing belt, thats for sure. And, if am afraid, DIY it's not an option, don't even have a proper garage.

Don't let that stop you - it can all be done in a day. There are some fantastic step by step guides on RB25's here on SAU, and with a few basic hand tools you can acomplish heaps and gain a very large sense of self importance.

All my work is done in an open carport. :wave:

Couldnt agree more, take some photo's of complicated gear so at least you can refer 2 them if u get stuck and wonder where this goes etc... The self satisfaction is awesome and gives you more confidence on the next job :wave:

Or, you could host a stagea BBQ and then a few of the guys would be able tocome over and have a poke around if you get stuck with anything.

Seriously though, don't be scared of having a go of it. There is only one unbreakable rule for doing a timing belt, once the old belt is off, if no one turns the motor or cams then it is almost impossible to stuff anything up that can't be easily rectified.

I would be up for that!!! depending on time etc.

you will probably need a puller for the harmonic balancer - but I think you can get that from supercheap or somewhere for not a lot of $$$

and - you do feel remarkably smug for not having taken it to a shop

and at least you KNOW the parts are what you paid for and they actually got installed!

Or, you could host a stagea BBQ and then a few of the guys would be able tocome over and have a poke around if you get stuck with anything.

Seriously though, don't be scared of having a go of it. There is only one unbreakable rule for doing a timing belt, once the old belt is off, if no one turns the motor or cams then it is almost impossible to stuff anything up that can't be easily rectified.

could not agree more!

oh and dont forget to " bag and tag " all the parts etc.. those ziplock bags work a treat.

Couldnt agree more, take some photo's of complicated gear so at least you can refer 2 them if u get stuck and wonder where this goes etc... The self satisfaction is awesome and gives you more confidence on the next job :wave:
Edited by ssshonky

Well, I don't mind to get my IT-hands dirty, changed a head on Falcon, did some work on my old camry's engine. It's a matter of time and security (knowing what I am actually doing :P I got a quota from one workshop, they say it's about 6 hours job, and they know what they are doing. but 6 hours = $500 just for labour, and i could get alot of beer, wine, meat, etc for that amount of money, if I host a BBQ :)

To cut the long story short - I like that bbq idea :P

booyachaka! - sounds good.. make sure to keep us informed as to what date you pick!

oh and be sure to enforce the - work work - beer policy

cause the beer beer- work beer beer beer -dance on table policy does not work as well

booyachaka! - sounds good.. make sure to keep us informed as to what date you pick!

oh and be sure to enforce the - work work - beer policy

cause the beer beer- work beer beer beer -dance on table policy does not work as well

LOOOOOL! (I can't drink and work at the same time, I have a tendecy to drop oil and crap in my beer without noticing until I take a swig)

Count me in too! Maybe stick up a list of tools you don't have and we can sort out who needs to bring stuff?

Thank you for offering your help, guys :P

I will need the car to be in driveable condition by 15/02, this weekend is too late, I'm aftraid, next one... Err... Company wants me to be in Kalgoorlie on Friday and probably Friday night as well, so I might be be abck on Sat, 9th.

What about Sunday, the 10th ?

In terms of gear - I dont have much, probably just screwdrivers, set of spanners.. couple of hammers, if it counts :P

And if people with the kids want to turn up, it'll be fine as I'd hopefully have my 5yo son running around :)

Another question - what do I need to buy, belts, water pump, etc ? spark plugs ?

ooooooooo mine needs doing too, I'll just drop it off at yours Andrei and pick her up around 5?

>_<

but in all seriousness, if your's is a hit, might have to do a second bbq timing belt party lol

Edited by StageaGirl

had a 100K service done on mine, and i had a new waterpump, all belts, filters, oils, new o2 sensor (i supplied myself), new bearings as well just to be on the safe side.. cost about 1600 dollars including labour. so NOT cheap at all, but i only went down that option because i just got the car and needed a professional to look over it, otherwise BBQ party FTW.