SAU Community

Making R33 Fibreglass Sub Box, Anyone Interested?

loftyfang

Hi All, we are temporarily back in Sydney, managed to get the front on and measured the volume. It's about 32 litres. Not sure how long we're around for until we go back out so i'll just keep working on it until we go. Also front is not as big as I originally thought. 12 inch fit's niceley but 15 inch would be a little big. Only way I thought of putting a 15 in would be to extend the mdf front out further into the boot with a spacer. Then again the idea of this is to save boot space, so 12 inch it is for me. Is starting to look really good. will post some pics up if I get a chance to before I go. I bought some black gelcoat for the reproduction boxes so will look even better.

Cheers

Ben

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics are up, still need to sand and polish the original so the mold will be nice and smooth. but this gives a good idea of what to expect. the reproductions will have a black gelcoat shell and will figure out the carpeting.

yeh mate, looks insane, being fibreglass...would these be good to be sprayed? or to have material on? i love the sprayed metallic look, but over-all it looks wicked...

how much would you be asking?

Yes mate..looks awesome...PAT ON THE BACK SON...JOB WELL DONE....

But I guess everybody else would be enquiring about the price for this...i'm sure you'll post it soon...

Oh and yeah...was that a 12" sub installed?

Hi All, yes as Adrian has said it is a 12" in the pics. Thanks mate. Still working on a price, won't decide until I see how long the reproductions take to make and carpeting costs etc. The box could be sprayed but as stated it will have a black gelcoat which should improve the look and I will investigate carpeting it when I get back.This may be the last post from me for a while. Catch up with you all when I get back.

i have done exactly the same thing not long a go and it works well, as i wanted a sound system with a 12' sub and amps in the boot but not loose my spare tyre. ill post up some picture tonight and show you want it looks like.

Hi All, managed to get the mold finished this morning. Once again back for a very limited time in Sydney. Just waiting on the ok from SAU to sell these using the forum and a small donation from each box sold will be given back to SAU. As soon as they give me the go ahead I will give a price. Just to give you an idea the price will be well under that of the commercially available equivalent.

Cheers

Ben