SAU Community

Making R33 Fibreglass Sub Box, Anyone Interested?

loftyfang

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hey, sorry to necro this again, but a few people went unanswered who wanted one. I saved mine made from lofty before my 33 went to the wreckers. If anyone in WA wants to buy mine they are welcome to make an offer. Doesn't do me any good in the V35 (like I don't have boot space to spear :P).

Just like I said to begin with, and anyone who snapped one up, they are awesome. Save space and fit/look great.

Im just about done making my Carbon Fibre Bandpass box for 2 12" to fit under the rear parcel shelf of a R34 GTT but had some built similar to these before, didnt have enough bass hit for me..lol going for extreme hit with minimal space consumed

the new box is pretty trick, putting it into the Extreme car show next weekend and running 2 SPL contests over the next month

and will post up the results ....and when I get time to run the Spectral Analyzer in the car before hand.

maybe If I can find a donor car to let me mold a box from I can do R32/33 or what ever pro custom box you wanted ?

Hey, sorry to necro this again, but a few people went unanswered who wanted one. I saved mine made from lofty before my 33 went to the wreckers. If anyone in WA wants to buy mine they are welcome to make an offer. Doesn't do me any good in the V35 (like I don't have boot space to spear :P).

Just like I said to begin with, and anyone who snapped one up, they are awesome. Save space and fit/look great.

if you willing to post to vic i'll take it.

Im just about done making my Carbon Fibre Bandpass box for 2 12" to fit under the rear parcel shelf of a R34 GTT but had some built similar to these before, didnt have enough bass hit for me..lol going for extreme hit with minimal space consumed

the new box is pretty trick, putting it into the Extreme car show next weekend and running 2 SPL contests over the next month

and will post up the results ....and when I get time to run the Spectral Analyzer in the car before hand.

maybe If I can find a donor car to let me mold a box from I can do R32/33 or what ever pro custom box you wanted ?

Where are you located?

didnt have enough bass hit for me..

Approx what size was the box?

What sort of price would this come in at to mold a box/template for a 33? I've been toying with the idea of getting  molds made up to sit in each corner of the boot but not sure if the box volume will be big enough for deep bass hits.

Approx what size was the box?

What sort of price would this come in at to mold a box/template for a 33? I've been toying with the idea of getting molds made up to sit in each corner of the boot but not sure if the box volume will be big enough for deep bass hits.

I design boxes for each woofers specs, not generic ones. generic boxes = generic sound

but when the bass enters the boot and cant escape into the cabin properly the bass is muddled and boomy.

now it hits like a hammer in the back.SPL is way up now too. since being ported thru the seat to the inside of the car.

before you ask I have been doing this for more then 15 years pro.

I can see if I can use a car from the wreckers or one of the local guys car for molds. lots of people want them...lol

;) Local Volunteer for the R33 mold.

I am a local guy :)

As am i...i just live round the corner from him.

• 2 weeks later...
ABE , I moved 5 months ago..lol

I might take you up on that soon if you get a day off ...lol

You moved :) , would explain why i haven't seen you around...never really saw you around much anyway. Would have been nice if you told me :blush:, let me know when you want to borrow the car...its a little broken at the moment, borrowing the parents commodore for awhile...suppose i could use it a little longer.

You moved :P , would explain why i haven't seen you around...never really saw you around much anyway. Would have been nice if you told me :P , let me know when you want to borrow the car...its a little broken at the moment, borrowing the parents commodore for awhile...suppose i could use it a little longer.

pm sent

• 3 weeks later...

also am i, :O i need to retrim my hole boot cos of water leaking into it ><! and this fat box in the middle of my boot is just annoying the crap outta me, if he aint making them anymore, ill just have to make one myself :( haha

also am i, :O i need to retrim my hole boot cos of water leaking into it ><! and this fat box in the middle of my boot is just annoying the crap outta me, if he aint making them anymore, ill just have to make one myself :( haha

Have to see when I can borrow his car for a few days ,, to mold it. lol

been way to busy lately to do it maybe over chrissy ???

Have to see when I can borrow his car for a few days ,, to mold it. lol

been way to busy lately to do it maybe over chrissy ???

I can lend it to you whenever you want, I am free from this Thursday (Nov 3rd) till Sunday (Nov 6th) Arvo. I'll send you as pm..and a sms.