SAU Community

Suggestions Wanted: Performance And Preventative Maintanence Mods

Hi all,

I’ve owned my R33 for 9 months now, and I couldn’t be happier :) There’s still work to be done though.

My aim is to have a strong, reliable street car with between 180-200rwkw. I hope to visit the track once or twice to test out the limits of the car in a safe environment (and probably do some driver training courses too), but going to the track won’t be a regular thing- not in this car anyway :P

Mods / parts replaced since I bought the car:

-Turbo-back exhaust with hi-flow cat

-Apexi pod filter (with enclosure coming, once I finally finish it)

-Project Mu Street Sports pads, front and rear

-Front and Rear strut braces

-Front mount intercooler

-Braded brake lines

-Nissan water pump

-Greddy Heavy duty timing belt

-Spark plugs (the details escape me but they are meant to be good, properly gaped etc)

Engine is an unopened RB25DET with around 86 000kms on it (had a genuine and verified 77 000kms on it when I bought it). Currently, the car runs well, never missed a beat. It is running a little rich, which I expect is due to all of the airflow changes that have happened.

So, some questions for the SAU community:

*Am I missing any supporting mods for my aims?

*Are there any other parts/items that should be replaced ‘just to be on the safe side’?

*I’m aware that I’ll need something in the ECU department to solve the running rich issue, and to make the most out of the other mods. What options do I have for around $500 (plus the required dyno time / tuning)?

*Any other power-related mods I should consider?

*What are some good, fairly inexpensive suspension upgrade options?

Thanks in advance

this has been asked id say 500 times in forced induction

there are litterally pages of your style of question and plently of guides etc

you should read over those it tells you everything and lots of in depth info

all you need is a piggyback (safc, emanage, powerfc) and a boost controller (bleed valve, hks evc, blitz sbc, apexi avcr)

this has been asked id say 500 times in forced induction

there are litterally pages of your style of question and plently of guides etc

you should read over those it tells you everything and lots of in depth info

all you need is a piggyback (safc, emanage, powerfc) and a boost controller (bleed valve, hks evc, blitz sbc, apexi avcr)

I should mention I've done some searches and am aware of the existence of a number of guides, which I've read :) It's been good reading, but I haven't had all of my questions answered.

I was of two minds to post this, but I thought I would anyway since things can change over time. Just wanted to see what the 'up-to-date' recommendations were for this kind of thing.

Thanks for your suggestion. The PowerFC is a bit outside my budget, I was considering the Emange Blue with Fuel/Ignition control though.