SAU Community

Hi To Everyone

qikz

I am new the forums and my journey isn't because I have a skyline but rather I want to use the drive system. I have a new anniversary 350Z that is JUN stroked (3.8) with Cosworth Heads, light flywheel, APS TT extreme system (only 12 psi at this stage), Tein Suspension and RP Racing Big Brakes 6/4's. Quaife diff with a 3.3 F/D and big axles. It is a widebody with Strosek Kit. There are a heap of internal machining bits and pieces that are still under development but its working extremely well with its closed deck. Its currently puting out a modest 396 rwkw with 600nm torque with a very wide and usable curve. We can easily add another 100kw to that, but thats for later. The project has been expensive but absolute fun. The car isn't a daily driver so I guess I can afford to take my time. The engine is coming out soon for some adjustments and more internal stuff, however I am looking at fitting the ATESSA drive system using a combination of M35X and R34 bits and pieces in an attempt to get power to the ground. It spontaneously breaks loose under WOT at about 4000 rpm - 7000 and although very predictable, its still wasting time and energy. It is an absolute hoot to drive.

I am picking your collective brains. This has only been done by JUN in Japan and the job was for track work and it looks butchered but effective. They cut the front off an r33 box and welded a VQ bellhousing to it.... ruf ruf. The only other one has been done near New York and its an auto with small power, but its a straight bolt on job using the M35X running gear. They only use auto transmissions. I want to get this right and so far it seems the most suitable box is the R34. Is it a strong box? Are there after market gears available? I have no obejction to buying new if I can get one, or rebuilding one to suit. What price should I be looking at?SWAMP me with information please so that I can get on a fast learning curve and get this project up and spanking the new GTR's......when they arrive.

you might be better served by asking your question in the "drivetrain and transmission" section of the forum :D

feel free to introduce yourself and post some pics of your beast in this thread though.

The R34 GTR gearbox is a getrag box, lots of companies in japan make aftermarket gearsets, etc for them. some companies like HKS and OS Giken make complete gearbox replacements which are sequential etc.

Enjoy your stay, hope you find the answers you're looking for.