SAU Community

My R33 Gts-t.. Turning Slow.

How dissapointing... My brand new r33 gts-t baby just imported from japan, straight into the shop to get its turbo taken out and replaced with a non turbo manifold just so i can drive it on my P's. :) . Though i did get to drive it on my L's as a turbo for a few drives and i can see why people love turbos so much. Although the reason why im doing all this is so when i get off my P's i can wack it all back in without much money. Just to let u guys no what such a gay feeling it is to feel your fast baby turned into a fat baby... slow :) I should be getting my car back this weekend hopefully it hasnt turned too slow. Keep u guys posted about my FAT BABY

Yes its legal because the importer i got it from deals with p platers all the time and they do what i had to do, and they cant book you or anything because it isnt turbo'd even if its registered as one. Plus i got it back and even though im really happy i have the car but sooo much power has gone.. the exhaust sounds really bad because the turbo "buffs", takes the shitty piston/manifold noise out and now it doesnt have it, when u start getting to high rpm (not even real high rpm like past 3k+ revs) just sounds like a lancer with a cannon on the back. I was just wondering if anyone new what i could do so it sounds good again?

Just stick a stock system on it as well, no need for noise when it don't go fast, and the cops will hassle you less too.

Stock systems are readily available and are quite cheap, as no-one wants them.

cheers

I doubt because an importer says its legal makes it legal...

Not knowing enough about the rules i wont comment much further but if a cop wants to kick your arse for it im sure they can. Could come down to needing to have it re-registered as a non-turbo.

serisouly. why didn;t you buy a non turbo one or just buy a non turbo car of any sort till you could have one.

now you have a 9.0:1 compression, 2.5, non turbo, 1390kg car that will drive like shit.

surely you could have researched this forum for opinions and others experience on this.

way to re-invent the wheel.

I can't believe that you took the word of a "salesmen" about the product he is selling as the truth.

I bet you also believe that McDonalds healthy range is actually good for you too hey?

i never knew that it was possible to do that legally..Does the car run the turbo ecu ? If so how does it run ?..IF its 100% legal as you say then well done !!! simple job to swap it all back over once your P's are gone