Bathurst 12 Hr

Whiplash

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very likely Brenken, I'll have to hunt thru the pics tomorrow at work, coz I left my CF card there :)

Here is a link to what should be the video of the crash; however its been cut in typical channel 9 news style, the footage was taken by Prime TV Orange, I saw it on the local news last night... from what I could tell he dropped a rear passengers side wheel off the track, which flicked him sideways & started to turn over when he hit the grass, and then slammed into the kitty littler which produced the roll that ripped the car apart.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=...t_en-au_general

I also did a dodgy record of the laptop screen with the digicam, so I'll upload it & throw it in.

Edited by B. J.

not very well if you saw him on today tonight.

2 massive black eyes (to a point where he was blind from the swelling for 3 hours)

Shit eh, someone said he looked pretty crook after it...

AND he had to put up with TT... :) I recon if I flipped any car at 250kph and came out with a headache and 2 black eyes I'd be happy.

wow those times are amazing.

we raced bob pearson's big $$ evo it our little old GTR back in october and beat him

chop_evo.jpg

and here he is topping the timesheets at bathurst.

man I wish they would let cars older than 5 years old into this event (like 17 years old would be nice). reckon we would finish top 3 if we made it to the end.

not a bad amount of coverage for the event, hopefully its not filled with crap, as we actually see some racing

we know there will be 2 million replays of the Mazda 3's crash

its on tv channel 7 now

:(

I wish i had recorded it it was one of the best races i have seen in ages, well done to ch 7 for the great coverage.

I couldn't believe how these guys were driving for a 12 hour race. Some of the overtaking moves were absolutely great.

It was nice of ch7 to broadcast this however I find it annoying to watch. When they compress 12hrs into 3hrs it's like watching a movie in fast forward.

I'd rather they show the first hour and the last 2hrs of racing so that you can actually follow it properly without constantly skipping parts.

i didn't mind it, i would have preferred to know the remaining time through the telecast as it made it harder to understand strategies ect as you weren't sure if there was 1 or 5 hours left of the race. After all unlike the V8's there was plenty of action all race

The constant stops for the info-mercials was a waste of time. I was watching for the racing not to buy dog ice cream

and the radio chat was great, I don't think Mr Morris was to happy with the HSV.

Anyone else think the guy with the bear was driving a bit dangerously? as we saw on the inboard he was stuffing about with the bear and ran off the road, he was lucky there weren't any other cars around him

Edited by Whiplash

one of the integra's can't remember the driver, going down the straights he was picking it up and waving it about, he did it down conrod and the looked over and picked it up again coming into murrays and ran off the road. Personally i don't think its the safest thing to wave and play with stuffed animals whilst traveling at high speed around other cars

Benm, in the v8's they aren't allowed to swear, all team chat is monitored and there have been quite a few penalties given out to drivers and teams for using course language. This is all done due to the team frequencies being published on the V8SC web site so there could be little kiddies listening (and the live cuts to the chat)