SAU Community

Bathurst 12 Hr

Whiplash

After the 1st 2 practice sessions the EVO's are leading the way with last years winners in the BMW 335i close behind.

A reasonable sized grid has rolled up this year. Unfortunately the TRD team pulled out due to "lack of development and preparation".

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....02/2008.MOUN.P3

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....02/2008.MOUN.P6

If the race is anything like last year it will be great. Not to mention the grand total of 6 safety car laps in the whole 12 hours. Not bad considering half the field were semi proffesional drivers and the diverse speeds of the cars.Shown again this year with the Alfa Diesel some 61 seconds slower than the EVO.

Edited by Whiplash

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow those times are amazing.

we raced bob pearson's big $$ evo it our little old GTR back in october and beat him

chop_evo.jpg

and here he is topping the timesheets at bathurst.

man I wish they would let cars older than 5 years old into this event (like 17 years old would be nice). reckon we would finish top 3 if we made it to the end.

i thought the times have been pretty good considering they are "production cars"

hopefully Dave can bring his EVO IX GSR further up the grid tomorrow (or sunday)

The SS wagon is pretty fast in class D

** you have the wrong picture up earlier ?? :) **

Edited by Whiplash

I think the driver combination helps out a bit, one of the only full professional lineups. I know JB is keen to knock the wagon out of first for the class, a new class A car is planned for next year :)

well hopefully at the end of the weekend the jap cars are still running, knowing the problems they have with the standard 6.0L it will be interesting to see if they can make the distance.

yeah sweet ;) Its sad what the taxis have done to bathurst 8 hour with their 32 car grids. I love to watch the number and mix of cars these guys put on.

Will be a tricky weekend for them with the rain as well......

I'll bet the evos drop like flys over the race (just like the sierras used to) but hopefully at least one of them will make it to the end. They are the quickest cars and they deserve the win :P

lol is noone else home this weekend or do people really not care about proper racing?

Interesting that they all found 3 seconds on their practice time, that says a lot about how much slower they want to run for reliability.

Forecast is dry/chance of afternoon shower. So probably dry with an interesting finish

yeah just got off the phone with martin and he's wrapped with the car, abit shell shocked about the pole position i think!

well done to them , i know how much prep they have put into it, dave must be a bloody handy steerer.

fingers crossed that they are there at the finish!

My old man is there atm with one of the HQs. they are only a support class, but they have 2 grids worth of cars! The car he is there with qualified on 2nd pos, dont know how he went today tho.

Kind of makes me wish I had my HQ still! I raced there years ago in it, & had a blast. Didnt do too bad either considering there was about 150 HQs there. I got up to 2nd place with 2 laps to go, gaining on the leader, then broke a distributor wire! finished 25th. spewin.

yeah just got off the phone with martin and he's wrapped with the car, abit shell shocked about the pole position i think!

well done to them , i know how much prep they have put into it, dave must be a bloody handy steerer.

fingers crossed that they are there at the finish!

well Jim Richards generally doesn't hire 2nd rate drivers.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....2/2008.MOUN.R11

63 laps in the BMW's leading

top 8 still on the lead lap. Looks like the sportswagon has got some problems and it 30 laps back now

fun up there Brendan? The HQs would have been all over the place, especially coming down from mcphillamy

We had ours very well sorted handling wise, & I was one of the few who could hold it pretty well flat through there. I had a big moment one time comming off skyline, where I was trying a later braking point. definently didnt pay off! Flat out through the chase was a thrill, but my fav part tho was the dipper. ahhh good times...