SAU Community

Bathurst 12 Hr

Whiplash

it should be on TV NEXT week,why not live its not like they aren't making any money from the event (and Mr Gore isn't exactly short of money either). after all there is very little advertising for the event.

saw the MPS 3 on the news, what a huge F'ing accident, even left its engine on the side of the track

congrats to the Evo Boys for 1st and 2nd with both a lap ahead of last years winners in the 335i

7 safety car sessions with a total of 22 laps!!! I'm sure we will see more than that in October

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah apparently it rolled 10 times. which is only 4 more than mark managed at targa lol. any good pics?

well done to white/salmon/alexander for bring home the evo in first. and great to see conroy in 13th in the integra beating home every falcon and every commotdore except 1 lol

yeah i was up there 4 the start of the race it was good 2 c production cars back at the mount.i have a few dodgy videos of the event ill post them up shortly but yeah the sportswagon got banged up but unlucky for len crave in the mps. glad he walked away with only facial brusing. congrats 2 the winers and every1 for completing 12 hours. and congrats 2 local man matty windsor 4 finnishin 19th in an rs impreza

great to see conroy in 13th in the integra beating home every falcon and every commotdore except 1 lol

We thought we had him beat as well, but they got it going again. I hate pace cars, we got screwed twice, but it wasn't as bad as last year when it was 3 times.

Cheers

Gary

I was there on Saturday for the Qualifying session + the first HQ race, took plenty of pics...

seems like a few of the guys here were involved?... if you were in a particular car let me know, I got pics of just about everyone in the field.

here is a small selection... (FYI Canon 20D + 300mm lens)

gizmo_wrx345.jpg

king_spring_lancer458.jpg

jd_wagon288.jpg

rondo_beamer349.jpg

subaru_curb_mount335.jpg

I was there on Saturday for the Qualifying session + the first HQ race, took plenty of pics...

seems like a few of the guys here were involved?... if you were in a particular car let me know, I got pics of just about everyone in the field.

here is a small selection... (FYI Canon 20D + 300mm lens)

rondo_beamer349.jpg

That BMW has some serious acne going on...

yeah we raced against that car at the enduro at oran park last year. would love to know how they managed such a big one.

Hooked a wheel off the track before the chase @ 245+ kph, spun it sideways into the sand trap, the sand and side on wheels did the rest

How did everything go Gary, smooth as usual? that integra has been very reliable over some long races.

Put some new brakes pads in it, fill it up with gas and it would do another 12 hours.

Cheers

Gary

Gary, this isn't the same Integra that did the Sepang 24hr last year is it?

Nope, it did the 12 hour last year, plus a couple of 2 hours and a few rounds of the Production Car Championship. Looking like a 2 car team next year, that'll make my brain hurt.

Cheers

Gary

Hooked a wheel off the track before the chase @ 245+ kph, spun it sideways into the sand trap, the sand and side on wheels did the rest

Cheers

Gary

Don't quite follow 'hooked a wheel off'. Got one wheel off the track? Into gravel or something that grabbed the wheel?

I wasn't there but I'm sure that's what he means. There is nothing like the outside wheel digging in (especially if its a drop off the track and the suspension is already loaded) to flip a car.

Exactly why all of the F1 tracks are getting rid of gravel/sand/kitty litter and using tar run offs instead - they stop the big flips and 90% of the big crashes. Don't help if your brakes aren't working though which kitty litter is great for.