SAU Community

Which Slr Camera For $1200?

Kaido_RR

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased a Canon EOS 400D with twin lense kit for $995 from Ted's Cameras (discount from $1090~)

Came with a free canon EOS carry case.

This photo was taken in auto mode. Will learn slowly how to do it all manually :D

img0043smallrj9.th.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread but yeah.

I sell all these cameras and the canons are probably the best camera in in my opinion.

I have the 400D myself but i spent the extra money and got the twin IS kit. (has slightly better lenses and they are image stabilized) also some nice lenses for starts is a 50mm prime lens (50mm f/1.8 is a nice one it has a nice wide aperture for nice depth of field effects and lets lots of light in low light conditions. and only retails for $149 come see me at JBhi fi strathpine :P )

The 450D has been short stock because of the limited stock of the 50-250mm IS lens there is plenty of stock of the camera and 18-50 IS lens. this shortage ends at the end of this month. Also the new 1000D gets release the last week of august maybe wont reach stores until the first week of september.

Anyways i just felt like typing all of this.

for all the new people learning about SLR's canon have a nice tutorial on there site.

Teaches you a little about Tv Av and manual modes on your camera.

Try this link : http://www.canon.com.au/eos/tips/shootingpanoramas.aspx

Have a good time with your cameras guys

Have a good one

Mitchell

I know this is an old thread but yeah.

I sell all these cameras and the canons are probably the best camera in in my opinion.

I have the 400D myself but i spent the extra money and got the twin IS kit. (has slightly better lenses and they are image stabilized) also some nice lenses for starts is a 50mm prime lens (50mm f/1.8 is a nice one it has a nice wide aperture for nice depth of field effects and lets lots of light in low light conditions. and only retails for $149 come see me at JBhi fi strathpine :( )

The 450D has been short stock because of the limited stock of the 50-250mm IS lens there is plenty of stock of the camera and 18-50 IS lens. this shortage ends at the end of this month. Also the new 1000D gets release the last week of august maybe wont reach stores until the first week of september.

Anyways i just felt like typing all of this.

for all the new people learning about SLR's canon have a nice tutorial on there site.

Teaches you a little about Tv Av and manual modes on your camera.

Try this link : http://www.canon.com.au/eos/tips/shootingpanoramas.aspx

Have a good time with your cameras guys

Have a good one

Mitchell

Hey there,

The camera I currently use is also a Canon 400D - great camera I will say, but unfortunately it isn't my own - i wish.

At the end of the year I'm looking to buy my own. Iwas thinking to possibly just buy the same model as I have been really happy with it, but what do you think I would be better off with, the 400D or the 450D?

They are both within my price range, just wondering on your opinions. I know the 450D has live view, which can be a bonus, but I have gotten so used to not having one, coming from a point-and-shoot Canon digital camera.

Cheers :P

hey fullyhyper

Just to let you know that the 400D no longer exists. it gets replaced with the 1000D at the end of this month. check out the canon website for the 1000D :D

the 1000D is practially the same as the 400D however it has

live view,

uses the digic III processor,

sd card instead of CF card,

only 7 points of AF and a couple of other minor changes.

It is also rumoured to retail at under $1000

IMO though live view on a SLR is a waste of time... kinda defeats the purpose of SLR camera's.

heck out the 1000D though mate. it looks nice for a entry level camera :ermm:

Yea no idea why they even released the 1000d so quickly after the 450d.

perhaps they are replacing the g9s?? For those who still like point and shoot?

Edited by siddr20

I checked out the 1000D, looks like a good camera, and not much different to the 450D either.

A great website my dad showed me, for checking out camera's is DP Review.

Did a comparison of the 2 cameras, and only slight changes between them.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_po...0d&show=all

Now i just have to figure out which one to get :D

The reason they released the 1000D is to introduce entry level SLR camera's into the consumer market.

Its very basic in SLR standards like all Entry level cameras. but the 1000D will eat all over the high end point and shoots.

So for people who want a fully auto camera but also want the speed + accuracy = 1000D (also then later on when they learn more about cameras they can experiment :banana: