SAU Community

Gps Tomtom Go 720

Has anyone got any more details about this person?

He took $400 from me for a PS3 on boostcruising.

Have you had any help from the mods on that particular forum?

When I alerted some mods via PM about one of his (then newly posted) ads on there, I got absolutely no response at all.

And last time I looked, that ad were still there, only now you can read posts from ppl who have since been ripped off.

None of the above helps you very much, and I really do hope you manage to get your money back (if not punish the bastard)... but it just cheeses me off that forums like that do not seem to be policed a little better.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it dosnt help when we have a known bad traders list on this forum that never gets updated, i know of two known bad traders that the mods also know about but they have not bothered to put them on the list, in fact the list has not been updated in the last year.

Have you had any help from the mods on that particular forum?

When I alerted some mods via PM about one of his (then newly posted) ads on there, I got absolutely no response at all.

And last time I looked, that ad were still there, only now you can read posts from ppl who have since been ripped off.

None of the above helps you very much, and I really do hope you manage to get your money back (if not punish the bastard)... but it just cheeses me off that forums like that do not seem to be policed a little better.

Nah mate, not much help.. After a couple weeks they gave me IP details and other names used, but he is still active and trading under other names (they know this).

The name on there I did business with was skyRIDER.

I recommended people forward their experience onto the Fraud squad. with all documents of proof (I will post details up soon).

surley there is someone out there in the banking, ISP or phone business who can assist to track this person down. Please PM me, all information strictly kept confidential. no police involved.

I have actually been intouch with the Copper I reported it too and he said that the forum Mods havent been much help actually none at all as they would not reply to his emails so I wonder do the mods really want to catch these guys....

Cmon mods Please

That really isnt good at all :)

Being a mod can be a thankless task etc etc - but if a mod isnt willing to make the effort - especially on something serious like this - then don't be a mod any more I say.

Nah mate, not much help.. After a couple weeks they gave me IP details and other names used, but he is still active and trading under other names (they know this).

The name on there I did business with was skyRIDER.

I recommended people forward their experience onto the Fraud squad. with all documents of proof (I will post details up soon).

surley there is someone out there in the banking, ISP or phone business who can assist to track this person down. Please PM me, all information strictly kept confidential. no police involved.

At least you got some cooperation I suppose... good luck with it mate, keep posting about it here and there as often other people have come across the same guy elsewhere and can help join the dots.

Looks like I just saved myself $180 because I read a post on Usenet (not even a web based forum) about somebody with a particular bank account ripping people off, not car related at all. So it all helps.

Touch wood in my hundreds of online deals I havent been ripped off - yet!

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have just been ripped off by this guy too. Bought an iphone from him on Boostcruising and never received it. I googled his phone number and it came up with this thread.

His details are:

Account No: 220715, BSB: 032349

Name: Jake Romano

He says he is in Adelaide but his account suggests NSW.

If anyone has a address for this guy or any details let me know, hope we catch this guy.

I have actually been intouch with the Copper I reported it too and he said that the forum Mods havent been much help actually none at all as they would not reply to his emails so I wonder do the mods really want to catch these guys....

Cmon mods Please

Yeah i too got ripped off awhile back and reported it to a few of the Mods and got no reply at all. Seems to make me think the mods are the crooks. :)

i find this funny the moderators dont want a vigilanty group to go to this guys house but they wont assist the police in their investigations....these are your members and your essentially protecting a pos who has ripped off numerous people :cheers:

and thumbs down to the cops quick to do you for speeding or something wanky like not indicating when changing lanes but when it comes to something where they cant make money suddenly theirs nothing they can do about it or its a waste of resources

Yeah i too got ripped off awhile back and reported it to a few of the Mods and got no reply at all. Seems to make me think the mods are the crooks. :(
i find this funny the moderators dont want a vigilanty group to go to this guys house but they wont assist the police in their investigations....these are your members and your essentially protecting a pos who has ripped off numerous people :cheers:

I think the mods here are much like the cops, they say they will do something but really dont give a shit, there is also a known bad traders thread which i believe is ONLY there to cover sau's arse so at the end of the day they can say they do something about fraudulent activities on this forum but at the end of the day since they never update it then its as usefull as tits on a bull.

its not even as if they need to do much to at all, after all i know me and candy33 have msg'd mods about the guys that have ripped us off and im guessing everyone else has as well.

• 1 month later...