SAU Community

Dyno Tuning??

hey there people, juz got my car back from the panel shop and looking at getting someone reliable to dyno it. i got a R33 GTR running a power FC. i have heard of Dean from Technik Tuning and was wandering if anyone has had him tune their car before. how did it go?

MisterTwo,

a friend of mine took his car (R32 GTS-T) to Technik Tuning for the first time not that long to get his Unichip tuned for 20psi (as his unichip was tuned for 16-17psi) and when they gave him a prinout of his power/AFR and power/MAP to show that it was on 20psi he thought it was all sweet (but a bit down on power 195rwkw compared to 222rwkw) until he drove it home only to see that it was back on 15psi and that it felt slower than b4.

He called them up later on to ask what the deal was and they told him some crap excuse that they couldn't control boost up near 20psi so they turned it back down to 15psi and tuned it there.

That's all fine, but they didn't tell him that when he picked up the car so that's dodgy if u ask me.

Also, how do you figure that $300 later, your car is going slower than what it was prior to the tune.

So, given this i'll let you make your own decision, but fyi, you won't go wrong with Ben from RacePace Motorsport and your money will be very well spent. He is a gun when it comes to Skylines and Power FCs not to mention all other ECU's and he takes a lot of pride in his work.

FYI, he is the guy that tuned Leewah's GTR which made 495rwkw at the MAS in his R33 GTR. He also built his R33 GTR which is making a shit load of power aswell.

You don't need to look around for much longer.

There are two shops that i dealt with and very highly recommend.

Ben from Racepace (97629421) and ICE boys (95127591) will look after you with whatever you may need.