SAU Community

Just Thought I Would Post Pic S Of Finished Engine Bay

bernardshorty

looks sexy as! is that stainless piping or polished alloy? Looks like stainless? Need a stainless shield for your pod filter to match, keep those intake temps down a lil more.

Looks very tidy! Hope my engine bay ends up looking like that. I like the wheels also.

na after all the trouble i had i finialy got a x force manifold that fitted and gave enough room to fit a dump pipe through. and he is now starting to make a stainless manifold of his own design will post pics when he is done he is a smart lil guy .he is also making me a 3 inch polished zorst should look mad .

small thing bernard, the intercooler piping would make more sense like the gibson style (per plazmaman version pictured)

there may not be much heating of the charge due to the proximity to the turbo but given the tidy pipepwork it shouldn't be a big stretch to copy something like this and shorten the pipe run.

post-5777-1204021649_thumb.jpg

Edited by wolverine

looks great, i would have moved that power steering container out the way as its likely to get damn hot in that area, i moved mine next to the radiator right at the front on the passenger side, u can possibly spot it in these pics below.

Who else has decent engine bays....?

DSC00023resize.jpg

DSC00022resize.jpg

all polishing done at home :cool:

Edited by unique1

Sonofabitch i KNEW youd post up and make us all look bad haha....

Is the coilpack cover in these alloy as well? What is the cam gear cover made of? is it all alloy, if youve managed to polish it up like that? And is that the stock inlet plenum too?

Makes mine look sh1t haha...

l_9c4d9c066d89895a7bb4682728378663.jpg

here are the pics i finialy got it a lil tidy now ? also new wheels . cheers bernard

Sup buddy,

noticed ur turbo. It has the marking of a XS Power/ china build copy turbo (Turbo ZY)

which was being sold on EBAY.

link for info.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-forced-in...ts-garrett.html

i could be wrong but what spec is ur turbo?

well its been tuned and hasnt failed yet !!

unique - the polished thing next to the battery, that has the 2 big braided hoses running off it onto either back-side of the engine.... what is it??? looks like a cooler of some sort?

well its been tuned and hasnt failed yet !!

unique - the polished thing next to the battery, that has the 2 big braided hoses running off it onto either back-side of the engine.... what is it??? looks like a cooler of some sort?

going by the fact that it is plumbed into the rocker covers, I would suspect it is a catch can?

yes its an oil catch can, and yes all the covers (cam, coilpack, cam gear, stock plenum, etc) are aluminium. I have polished my alternator and water outlet hoses as well, plus anything else that is polishable. Definately not user friendly to work on but, its a nightmare to keep looking clean and i rebuff mine every other week lol, but mine does get worked on alot and i make sure i dont touch the polished bits with greasy fingers or it doesnt like coming off too easy :D

Edited by unique1