SAU Community

friday night blues...

phorj

A mate of mine from these forums (won't mention his name) went to knox on friday night (18/7/2003) and was pulled over by the cops FOR NO APPARENT REASON!

He was flashed and pulled over and ask to pop the bonnet... he is driving a stock, series 2 R33 GTS25t (because of the new rules) and has been driving it for only about a month!

This was his first time he had been pulled over and was told in no uncertain manner that the power-to-weight ratio for P platers is 128kw/t... and his books showed that this car was 132.77 kw/t!

As a result he was told to garage the car for 12 months until he gets off his P's... or sell it!

The cop then asked... what made you think you're allow to drive this car... my mate replied (I won't tell you exactly what was said... but it wasn't anything bad). Upon hearding this the cop told him... 'look mate, you shouldn't stick your neck out. we'll get you'!

The cop then said 'if [my mate] dont sell it, then next time [he'll] get a summons and go to court and lose [his] license'! My mate was then issued with a $105 fine and the other person he was with was told to drive the car (fully licensed)!

What you people think on this matter??? He did nothing wrong... other than look for a parking spot, and I know there are other out there that drive R33 GTS25t's and some in R34 GTt's on P's... what should we do?

I know I'm not going to give the cops an easy time if they try and pin anything like that on me! I've been pulled over 5-6 times and had my fair sahre of run-ins with the cops... but as of yet, no fine... nothing!

To top this all off he opened the mail earlier that day and had recieved a $200 fine and lost 3 dem. points for speeding... AREN'T PEOPLE MEANT TO LOOK FORWARD TO FRIDAYS???

yes he also meant 125kw per tonne , this has already been posted by the driver so i know who he is :D

well all i can say is if your driving an r33 on your ps your doing something wrong. if you want to run the chance and maybe be ok drive it but if you cant afford the fine and the scratch against your name and dont mind losing a few little killowatts do what ive done. make it the legal limit.

Could've been worse, could've been in Doncaster where the Cops and the EPA had set up a boose/testing station.

They picked every import that went past, i should know, cos, i waited there firstly for a ride home after they defected my car, then I went back to wait for a truck to take my car home as i wasn't leaving it out there through the night.

Anyway, Skylines, Sylvias, WRXs, you name them, they were done for exhausts too loud. I thought mine was quiet, they measured it and it came out 99db at 5K.

Also got me for having an Oil Catch tank.

Why do I bother???

intensevil....they have some form of chart of the stock figures (in reference to power), and who can and cant drive it

in reference to sound, i think they got some form of db level meter, i dunno though

and winding down boost.....not easy man, u got a turbo car?

i went past that testing station in doncaster....it was MASSIVE..the biggest ive ever seen. the testing bay was full and the cop at the start of the line wasnt looking at me and was talking to another cop and waved me past!!! phew!! glad i didnt get pulled in...

but alas, i took a trip to knox and they got me there.

Yeah, can't escape them, funny thing was when my wife came to pick me up in the Clio Sport, they started checking her headlights as they are Xenons, I got a little upset saying that they've just done one of my cars, let me go home, funny enough, they laughed and said, yeah, you're right, go home.

Gotta Laugh.

a friend of mine got pulled over and was told that he cant drive a skyline cause its on his "list" of cars that cant be driven on Ps. after arguing he took the fine, but called the police station (thinks) to check the "list" and it turns out that it only has gtr. so he had his fine removed and it was all good.

i also saw the big bust on doncaster rd on friday night. was huge. had flood lights and heaps of cops. didnt know it was epa so i thought that all the cars in there had just been done for drink driving. lucky i wasnt driving my skyline cause i dont think that they would have liked me very much.

At the risk of sounding like a tool the only way we are ever gonna be able to get around fines and stuff is to NOT BREAK THE LAW!!!

Don't speed, have no illegal mods and don't drive like a hoon.

Otherwise every time you hit the road you risk getting pinned. Its that simple. If you're on ya Ps, make sure you can legally drive ya car otherwise don't whinge if the cops get you.

If you have illegal mods and they catch you cop it sweet, pay the damn fines and change the mods if instructed.

I'm so sick of ppl complaining that they've been busted for doing something illegal. If it was a legal car, you wouldn't get nailed. Yeah it sux hard but its a calculated risk if you wanna drive a modded import or even a stock GTST on Ps

You can be damn sure that if they get me for my BOV and my ride height I will know that I only have myself to blame. I'll be dark but I know it won't be the fault of the cops, THEY DIDN"T MAKE ME DRIVE THE CAR.

Fire retardent suit on and ready for backlash.

Breaking the law is fun though wardo :) and while we might not have P-plates, remember when we did how much grief we got.

On Sunday I saw the stupid shit a cop had done for a while, in their ever increasing quest for every cent and bending over and taking it up the ass from the government.. down Burwood Hwy (could well have been Knox unit too), this cop had pulled somebody over in the middle of Burwood hwy (on a weekend very busy during the day).. now cars were literally having to swerve out of this lane to avoid running into this ****ing cop who had blocked off a whole lane just over the crest of a hill. Other cars in that lane had to swerve into the other lanes cutting everybody off. I gave the cop the biggest stare when i went past - i almost felt like actually getting out and telling him what a ****ing idiot he was for doing that, nearly causing accidents. He might be a cop, but that don't give him the right to put other people in danger in his quest for a few $$$

I could have probably hit this copper too as he was walking across the road in an 80km/hr zone, and i would have got off completely free as he was the one in the wrong. ****ing dickheads - cops need to be accountable in this situation, he could have well caused a major accident himself.

The other week i saw a very similar situation, cop taking up a whole lane trying to book some poor dude around a pretty blind corner :( I mean honestly, are they thinking at all or do they just see the $$ and throw all common sense out the window??

Morning Pred, how are ya Bro?

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying don't break the law man, yeah its fun. I just dun wanna hear about it if the cops catch up.

I totally agree that all cops are capable of some really stupid acts fuelled by an over inflated sense of authority and power trips.

They also seem to target us for sspecial attention. What I'm saying is lets not give them more reasons to single us out.

yes, true.. I can't complain when something happens. You get angry, but in the end if you are doing something wrong and u get caught well u pay for it.

I reckon the laws are going too backwards in the state, rather than more intelligent laws being drafted up ..but anyway, that is another issue.