SAU Community

Job Opportunities?

Whiplash

Hey All,

I'm considering moving up to the gold coast area, What are the job opportunities like for some one who doesn't have a trade? I have been working in the automotive industry ( Registration licensing and stock control for the past 4 years)

I have been looking in Melbourne and have had nothing but head aches and people screwing me around.

I'm looking for a change in lifestyle, as i have been pretty unhappy recently living in Adelaide.

Nick, not exactly the GC but I have read recently there are a lot of jobs in the auto industry here in Ipswich. Apprentices are most wanted. Last year awarded the worlds most liveable large town or some such.

3 race tracks in 1 hour drive (Lakeside about to reopen). Cheaper rent and actually not a bad place. I wasn't wanting to move to this area when I came home from Melbourne but I'm finding it good.

Nick, not exactly the GC but I have read recently there are a lot of jobs in the auto industry here in Ipswich. Apprentices are most wanted. Last year awarded the worlds most liveable large town or some such.

3 race tracks in 1 hour drive (Lakeside about to reopen). Cheaper rent and actually not a bad place. I wasn't wanting to move to this area when I came home from Melbourne but I'm finding it good.

ok geoff, i'll look into it

after posting this up earlier i have spoken to a few people in Noosa to get the ball rolling and when i get back to Adelaide i will put a few phone calls to the people i know up on the GC. Hopefully i will be able to set something up pretty soon.

I was naive / dumb enough to leave my job on the promises of the people in Melbourne and now find myself with out a job and desperately wanting a change of location.

and having a quick look around the housing is much cheaper on the GC over Melbourne as well :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Whiplash

ok geoff, i'll look into it

after posting this up earlier i have spoken to a few people in Noosa to get the ball rolling and when i get back to Adelaide i will put a few phone calls to the people i know up on the GC. Hopefully i will be able to set something up pretty soon.

Has the saying “you come to Noosa with $2millon and go home with $1millon” made its way over to Adelaide, yet?

I’ve lived here a fair portion of my life. IMHO don’t come here unless you’re wealthily in some form, or happy earning a capped income in a trade or hospitality industry or take a chance on a business. Eg: I’d say the “average” income of people employed by someone, would be around the $45k - $50k in most cases. A survey in 2003 reported the average being $39,480. Despite popular belief, there is more asset millionaires here then income earning millionaires :laugh:

It’s a great holiday lifestyle, nightlife and activities are boring however, the car scene is minimal with over zealous Police giving out tickets like candy and tracks are a fair hike away.

General living costs are high, which are driving the more “inland” areas of Noosa and the surround’s up as well.

In saying that, if your more of a personal satisfaction type person, enjoy the small coastal life style, it’s not a bad place.

Edited by Nismo_Boy

Ok didn't realize that, I spoke to the people in Noosa because i only know a handful of people up there and want to get something happening as fast as possible

I used to commute to Brisbane for work, from Noosa everyday, if your happy driving and need to make base in Queensland to start with, it’s not that far really.

I just wouldn’t want to move to Noosa on my own and expect living standards to be as good as what people believe they are on the crappy Noosa incomes, plus the people needing work out weigh the amount jobs at the moment.

Edited by Nismo_Boy

I resigned from my job in Sydney to make a new start on the Gold Coast 2 months ago, and I'm still looking for work. I also don't exactly have a trade. Everyone says there's alot of work around, and I'm always checking online, yet no feedback or responses.

I think I'm going to have to apply for benefits soon.

Oh yeah, and Josh, Noosa to Brisbane each day, that is a F'ING HIKE!!! Don't tell the poor bloke its not that far.

Yeh I guess it's a big drive 5 days a week, but If you drive out side of the peak hour times it's liveable enough if your on a good salary. I however dont and won't ever do it again :D

it would wanna be a bollocksing massive salary

i get shitt y with 20 minutes commuting, let alone 2 fscking hours each way

2 hours!!! You must be driving to Gympie or something :laughing-smiley-014:

It's about 1 hour 20 give or take pending good traffic and stop lights to Chermside. But I left after peak hour, and came home after peak hour so they were good runs.

2 hours!!! You must be driving to Gympie or something :laughing-smiley-014:

It's about 1 hour 20 give or take pending good traffic and stop lights to Chermside. But I left after peak hour, and came home after peak hour so they were good runs.

josh 1h 20 mins is slow u need to get a faster car :)

it takes me 1hr 20mins to travel to work in peak hour and its only 35km (from petrie to st lucia)

For anyone serious about wanting work, try these guys out. Put the effort in & once they realise you're serious you should end up with as much work as you can handle. Unfortunately places like this seem to attract more than their fair share of oxygen thieves but once you're a "known quantity" it should be all good. A truck (HR pref) & fork ticket also helps if you don't have a trade

www.adecco.com.au

Whiplash, as mentioned earlier Ipswich would probably be the best option for you. Ipswich has had a bad name in the past but IMO it has improved dramatically and is growing at a faster rate than Brisbane. As said before Ippy has QLD raceway and Willowbank drag strip Brisbane just down the road gold and sunshine coast not far.

I know a few deadshits around Ipswich that give the normal i cant get a job whinge, but mate seriously there is heaps of work if you want it.

Cheers

got a few phone calls to some mates to make tomorrow then i will see what happens.

then i'll jump on the seek ect to have a look.

I have a small incoming coming in on the side to cover me for a little while but not enough to cover moving there and car payments ect.

What sort of job you looking for? something with room to grow? much responsibilty? dealing with people? we have heaps going all the time - just all over the world/place unfortunately

Few good easy ones in Brissie/Eagle Farm/GC that have come accross my desk lately. I can keep an eye out if i know what your keen on looking for.

This was sent to me 30mins ago... theres also a similar supervisory role in NZ going. Also if anyone knows some HR graduates near Wollongong/Nowra theres a few goodies

Delivery Warehouse Team Member

Customer Centre Brisbane

An excellent opportunity has arisen in our Customer Centre at Brisbane for a Delivery Team Member, responsible for all Warehouse Inventory Control functions and supporting the Delivery Team Leader in an effective Delivery Operation at our Sales/Customer Service focused business located at Northgate (Brisbane).

The Customer Centre supplies pipes & pipeline components to water industry based customers, ranging from small contractors to large government bodies.

The successful candidate will be experienced in Warehouse, Inventory, picking and packing product for transport, booking product in and out of stock, and be obsessive about satisfying customers, have a knowledge in inventory control practices, possess a current Forklift and Driving Licence, and have good telephone skills. You will possess sound communication abilities, competency with a P.C. and computer systems, and at least have average literacy and numeracy skills.

Edited by Jmaac