SAU Community

does anyone know anyone with MR30 skyline 84' 2.4L

Guest Bogan

Almost, '83 hatch. I'm lining it up for a L20 Turbo. Engine will bolt straight in, and ECU is almost straight plug'n'pay.

Beuatiful thing is the turbo flange is same as a RB20DET. Also, I'm told the R31 X-member is the same, for dropping a RB series in.

Guest Timbo R33

Its Simon-MrRx7 here on a mates PC.

its stock atm, not for long, ive got the following parts coming in

DR30 R200 diff

full coil over suspension with adjustable camber/castor

latemodel engine conversion

Velo Seats

Harnesses

Stereo

Wheels

half Cage

should keep me happy for a while :)

i got one of those aswell as my R33

mine is a L24E no turbo though

4 door sedan i got the service manual for it aswell and theres no mention of a turbo for any of the models that were aussie delivered

only mods its got is pod filter and 2.5" zorst (loud f.u.c.k.e.r)

if yu need any info from the service manual i can scan pages for you

Guest Simon-MrRx7

Oh yeah btw mines a Ti, yes its a MR30, 4door, gold, total stocker and i managed to blow the L24e up.. nice :)

Guest Bogan

MIne is a Ti as well with the bombed up l2.4e that i have burt the rings on.

Mine is stocko standard except i have lowwred it 2" all round and it has a set of extractors.

Did you get much better performance by fitting a pod filter ?

how many pages is that service manual i have been looking for one for ages but had no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

is it just me or duz anyone else here with an aussie r30 get the $hits with the exhaust outlet being on the right hand side of the car, whereas dr30's, r31's and every other skyline have the outlet on the left of the rear bar where it rightfully should be..?

just a thought, cause i want a cannon style muffler on the left but i'll hafta chop some of the metal.

Guest Simon-MrRx7

how does the side of the exhaust affect what muffler u want to run? just get a custom zorst made and a decent muffler wacked on the end say like n Apexi N1 or something

im just sayin that if ya wanted a better look the muffler would be more suited to the left on aussie r30's.

on the right, see, you gotta have an extension going around the fuel tank and out the 'designated outlet', slowing the exhaust emission process and looking less aesthetically pleasing.

i'm prolly wrong on this so just excuse all my psycho babble

:lol:

later

• 11 months later...

Hey guys.... Any of you people still around? With the R30's?

I also thought my L24E 4 door MR30 was Jap delivered....

And yeah, I hate the exhaust outlet bit being on the right side...

But I got my sports exhuast comin out the left anyway... Was cheaper, exhaust flows better....

Mine needs plenty of work, but I need to know where to get the parts from and was wondering if any of you would be able to help me with getting parts...

I'd like to get one for my girlfriend/second car in a few months time. How do they go standard? I was thinking I'd fit triple 45mm webers and a good sports exhaust with a drift style cannon out the back. Or maybe stick an r31 x-member and my old RB30 from the R31 when I'm done with it. They are IRS yeah? typical oldschool datsun setup right? like lower it and get huge rear camber+mucho sideways?

could be fun :burnout:

cheers,

floody

• 6 months later...

hey the exhaust cut out isn't that hard, both me and another guy have done it.

probably the best thing you can do to your r30 in order is, pod filter, zorst, extractors. thats the cheap stuff.

if you wanna get serious follow this: get inlet manifold power ported, fit/adapt Rb30 or XF falcon throttlebody, remove distributor and fit a type of CAS to run mulitple coils (ECU's like Wolf 3D and Motec give you everything you need to do this).

Obviously you need to fit one of these ECU's, bigger injectors (old Mercedes Benz V8 ones are good), have head ported and use a stage 2/3 cam (can't remeber the durations).

this will get you ~250hp NA!!! fit a T04E and go for gold!

the AFM and ECU on these cars really limits them, u might not have to go this rediculous.

but if i was keeping my car i would this is what i would do, may still do it for fun.

only reason i say that is cos i noticed on my mates 1GGTE it had the dizzy blocked off, when i asked him he said it was a piece of piss, and now runs multi coils.