SAU Community

just thought id show u my new cooler!!!

this is my new cooler that i just finished installing in my line.....i did ALL the work myself other than making the cooler..... i am not 100% finished on the front bar but it was good to get it back on more trimming and tidying up is needed..... so what do ya think????

4646R32cooler2-med.jpg

4646R32cooler1-med.jpg

:uh-huh:

Very nice work.

IMHO now you just need a set of Aero Mirrors, and a front Chin spoiler and your done!

Hey mate i'm about to do my own installation to my 32, including making up the piping. I got a hybrid 600x300x76 cooler....and i've also got the same front bar as you.

What apart from the front bar did you have to cut?

What cooler you using?

What did you use for the piping?

Did you route the piping back to the original piping?

What did you cut the front bar with?

Any problems encountered?

I have a good idea of how i'm going to do mine, but i'm curious as to what you think.

Yours looks awesome by the way...

Any feedback appreciated,

Scott

i had to cut a fair wack outa the front metal bar support (the bit the plastic bar goes over)

using identical cooler to urself....

i used mandrel bent mild steel 2.5 inch thin wall pipe and some std piping aswell.. saved a fair bit in bends too...

there is not enuf room to re route piping to the std pipes so i went in thru the inner guard just to the passenger side/below of the battery and up and along between the front of the engine and the fan plenty of room for it too....

main probs were re locating the horns and the climate controll ambient temp sensor which was not hard to do anyway just fiddily.... oh and also u need to modify the bonnet latch support too so the cooler fits..... if u need more info i can pm u my mobile number and give me a buzz if u have to man.....

i cut the bar with a 4 inch angle grinder with a very small stainless metal cutting wheel in it worked great....

im not sure if any of that makes sense or helps lol...

Not enough room to route back to original piping hey....hrmmm. Might have to do it your way. All i've done is put the cooler up against my car like in the pic...haha. I'll prolly tackle the job next weekend, as i'm still deciding on what material to use for the piping and plus i wanted one last drive this weekend. I'm leaning towards gr304 stainless. How many hours are there in doing it you think?

Your help is appreciated.

Scott

ill see what i can do for pics of what u need mate.....

i re located 1 of the horns to the underside of where the std air box bolts into..... cause u cant see it there mainly.....

and i re located the air temp sensor by zip tieing it to one of the a/c pipes just behind the cooler...( i never use the climate control so its ok for me and i dont think it would alter anything noticably anyway as far as readings go)...

i pretty much from start to finish took about 8 hrs.... i went at it pretty steady and only did most of the work at night in my small garage id say a full day would pull it up really easilly...... i know of a really easy way for you to actually mount the cooler aswell.... its pretty hard to explain on here but if u would like to give me a buzz i can tell ya pretty easilly .......

Hey dude, i did mine myself, was fairly easy cos i work with a mandrel bender and alloy poilishing at work :) So i just bent it up in sections of 3mm alloy piping rather than doin a cut and weld job... the best way i found and my mate also who did his aswell use the factory 90degree and about 60-70 degree rubber bends from the stock cooler to held in the sections where it comes through the stock intercooler hole and where it comes through the side inner guard back into the engine bay. I guess the one dissadvantage you are at with a 32 is that your battery is in the engine bay where we brought our piping back through into the engine bay... we just removed our factory water bottle and came through there vertically. As for mounting the cooler, its easiest to use the horn mount to give vertically support on the cooler, then for the bottom ones to mount to the front engine bay rail that runs horizontally, i made two alloy 6mm 90 degree brackets and used 4 large gauge stainless steel self-tapering screws to support them on the rail, then had 18mm hole in each bracket which saw an 18mm bolt with lock nuts on them hold the cooler to it (from the tags on the core).

With piping its easier to keep the stock piece of pipe formt he turbo to the factory cooler hole, then connect from here to the inlet of the cooler. As for the other side just copy the Hybrid intercooler kit available, runs like msot skyline kits throguh the side of the inner guard (comes through near the oil filter). Then back up and across the radiator to the inlet plenum. Check my pics to see the piping i did :) and my catch can i made... ic an make them for anyone interested also :)

http://www.angelfire.com/co3/thegrub1/images/gts7.JPG