SAU Community

Anyone Tried United's 100 Octane

Anyone tried United's 100 octane?

I generally use shells premium racing 100 octane, might give this a try as its considerably cheaper.

Make sure you let us know how it is when you try it, ive been looking for an alternative to shell as well.

There is a new united opened this week just off the princess Hwy at the Point Cook/Hoppers turn off. It has boost 98 and then i saw the 100 ron and doubled checked it and it sure is 100. Havent used it yet but will on my next drive.

Probably been asked before but is there a big difference between 98 and 100? I have never used 100 and am a pretty loyal bp 98 user.

How much extra is the 100? You can't get it from many places, so do you have your cars tuned for 100RON risking getting caught at a servo that doesn't stock it? Is there a noticeable difference? Do you guys use it for track?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Cheers.

im gonna stick by my CALTEX VORTEX 98..........best fuel i reckon.....or is Sheel V-POWER better? or what about BP 98?

or these three are basically much of a muchness............?

Probably been asked before but is there a big difference between 98 and 100? I have never used 100 and am a pretty loyal bp 98 user.

How much extra is the 100? You can't get it from many places, so do you have your cars tuned for 100RON risking getting caught at a servo that doesn't stock it? Is there a noticeable difference? Do you guys use it for track?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Cheers.

My car loves the 100 octane from Shell. Definately a decrease in knock levels but then again i tuned it for running high boost. At low boost im sure 98 would be fine. But at 36 cents a litre more expensive i might give this united stuff a try which looks like around 19 cents litre more expensive than unleaded.

im gonna stick by my CALTEX VORTEX 98..........

amen man...amen.

but most company's fuel is the same..

BECAUSE IT COMES FROM THE SAME FKING REFINERIES!!!!!!!!

have a search and see where they originate. a report on tt (i know i know, not real big on 'facts' but i watched it) stated that most of the bigger fuel companies use fuel from the same refineries/distributors.

so really its not worth going to 1 specific petrol company

+1 to that...i have found the same thing in all my research's.....i use anything thats at hand or whatever is near me....shell v power, bp ultimate, mobil 8000.....

I try to keep away from ethanol, If you guys can remember, going back a few years, there was a huge fuss in the media about how ethanol was being added to fuel without consumers knowledge, it was known that this could cause engine problems with prolonged use.... now they are marketing it properly and everyones forgotten about the problems... I'm just paranoid about it now lol

Edited by evse82