SAU Community

Choosing A Wing

hi, im thinking of adding kits to the car..currently it has some wing i dont have a clue of..its nice but i like the blade style wings better. what do u think? i have a r33 gtst s1 btw. and to install it..will i need a newbootlid? or should i get those small stealthwings(or whatever they r called) to level the bootlid sides to the guards and then add the wing? i might add a new kit to it later with new set of guards. so should i do that first? or are all kit guards of same height? cheers

p.s. ppl who have this wing..do they have them ever painted? just wondering cuz i never seen any painted ones

jjrgtrwing.jpg

heres my car

n501769359_300914_9614.jpg

Mate, is that car photoshopped? It doesnt look real!!

You dont need to get a new boot lid, just drill a few holes in your old one. The duck wing spoiler will help to level the boot out, but just do what I'm doing and get it fibreglassed to sit flush. Gives a different look. Otherwise you can just leave it. Looks ok that way.

Yeh, same thing.

Duck wing, D-wing, Drift-wing, stealth wing. It all means the same. Most cars with GT Wings have stealth wings as well. Some dont bother, have a look at CRAVED's for an example of that, and I have never seen an R33 skyline with a flush fitting boot lid. Although I want 2 do that to mine.

That GT Wing looks f**king shit! 100% rice unless its on a race car. LOL!

Get the D-wing, nice and neat. :D

+1 I got a silver GT wing for sale if anyone's interested :nyaanyaa:

Cheers Dale, thats exactly what I'm looking for. So you stock them? What would be cheaper, get mine modified, or buy one already done?

We do not stock the bootlid at the moment, we were considering it however there has been a lack of interest. We do however stock the Drift Wing.

I would personally buy a new one, as if you were to modify your current bootlid then there would be a massive amount of bog/fibreglass to add to make it sit flush. Although you could create a skeleton piece to raise the lid, you might not get the strength you desire to mount a GT wing.

Nah, the GT-wing looks wont suit my car, I just want the flush boot lid, but I might go d-wing for now. I'll have a lot on your trade page and might buy one. I have always liked the D-wing look, but the flush boot lit is different and rare.

• 3 months later...
We do not stock the bootlid at the moment, we were considering it however there has been a lack of interest. We do however stock the Drift Wing.

I would personally buy a new one, as if you were to modify your current bootlid then there would be a massive amount of bog/fibreglass to add to make it sit flush. Although you could create a skeleton piece to raise the lid, you might not get the strength you desire to mount a GT wing.

I like the look of going flush and wingless. Any changes on getting some of the boots, or can you recommend anyone else who sells them?

Yep, go for that little stealthy d-wing around the lip of the boot. Looks hot. Don't do the big GT wing - they're ugly and ricer style.

Spend the money on lowering your car a bit and some new wheels. :)

i need to bite here

everyone says the GT wing is rice - but when it allows me to carry atleast an extra 10km/h through the kink at wakefield i dont think it is, and the added braking stability it offers after the kink is really noticeable.

while most dont use it for what it is for, some do - so the generalisation really annoys me lol

As for the flush section - of the cars that run the lip and a GT wing it doesnt look right to me, also forces you to move the wing forward reducing its effectiveness.

any way you go with a GT wing you need to put some effort into the mounting area, the skin of a boot inst the most stable surface to mount a wing that works on. if you put the GT wing on and nothign else, you need to weld up the boot lid to remove the old holes and then repaint it..