SAU Community

Hitachi Boost Sensor

J-train

I was changing some intercooler piping clamps and I saw this little fella sitting at the top of my RB25det towards the firewall. (in a R32)

post-45738-1205391640_thumb.jpg

post-45738-1205391748_thumb.jpg

It has Hitachi boost sensor, PS66-01, 9219

Written on it and I am just wondering if this is the sender unit for my boost guage in my Skyline dash cluster?

It looks to have had a feed on it but the bit to attach a tube to has snapped off.

I want to know because I want to get a new one from the wreckers tomorrow since Nissan want $560 for a new genuine one. Please help so I am not wasting my money.

Cheers,

Jarrod

jesus that is expensive. I don't know the 32/33 gtst one but 32 gtr has it's stock sender on the firewall above the brake master cylidner, it does look different. There should be a line from the rear of the plenum to the MAP sensor but if your can is running OK maybe its been plugged up at some stage.

I still have the map sensor sitting in the place in which you speak of, the rectangular looking gizzmo above brake booster.

Is that the sensor for the dash cluster or is that something for the ECU?

Not trying to contradict you because you are trying to help, in my Skyline manual it shows an input for a boost sensor on the ECU wiring diagram (it says, just on RB25det). I might just be looking to far into this and trying to find a problem when there is not one. I just like everything to be right, so if there is something broken I like to replace it.

Edited by J-train

the boost sender unit for the r32 gtst is where Duncan said it is. attached to the fire wall just above and to the left of the brake booster. and it doesn't look like the unit in your pic.

i have the exact same unit "Boost Sensor" in my stagea, but because my stagea doesn't have a factory boost gauge i think it may have something to do with the dual boost settings that the rb25det's run.