SAU Community

Drift Cruise - 19th Of April

Angr33_Sparcorella

Hey guys i'm not sure if this has been done before, but it was just like a lil idea i came up with. I love drifting and i love cruising so why not combine the two together and cruise up to the drifts.

Round 3 is on the 19th of April. So gives me feedback on wat u think, and also good meet points for a Saturday afternoon.

________________________________________________________________________________

1st meet point will be at Mandurah @ the old House Works at 11am and depart at 11.30.

2nd meet point will be in Freo @ Eshed markets at about 12.30 depart at 1pmish depending on the traffic.

3rd meet point will be in Perth @ City West at about 1.30pm, then we'll head to the drifts with a couple of other stops.

This cruise will end at the drifts so eveyone can stay as long as they want.

Cheers and lookin forward to seein many of you there.

Angr33 Sparcorella

Edited by Angr33_Sparcorella

Im as big a drift nut than most of the ppl on here, only problem i see with cruise to the drifts is last event was really poor, not many decent cars out there and the efforts of that 300zx just made me yack! good idea but it seems wa drifting is not as good as last year... no offence intended at all to anyone, just my two cents.

Is it just me or are the good WA drifters moving to SA?

But hey, good idea, just not sure of the turnout, i would say yes but after last event im just not that keen eh...

Im as big a drift nut than most of the ppl on here, only problem i see with cruise to the drifts is last event was really poor, not many decent cars out there and the efforts of that 300zx just made me yack! good idea but it seems wa drifting is not as good as last year... no offence intended at all to anyone, just my two cents.

Is it just me or are the good WA drifters moving to SA?

But hey, good idea, just not sure of the turnout, i would say yes but after last event im just not that keen eh...

Fair enough, thanks for the feedback tho. Thats why i'm askin in advance coz i dont wanna bother if it gonna be a shit turnout. But keep watch and u may be surprised lol ppl may actually come. I will be running it with Club Motovate, our turn out on saturday was pretty big. i think we had about 40 cars, all performance and all imports except for an XR6 Turbs who came along for the ride.

I'm gonna post it on other sites ie Aus300zx, Tuned WA, Antilag etc and see wat their responses are like.

Cheers

Angr33

Mate, regardless people are still going to be interested in cruising so if it ends at the drift point its a win win for everyone, if your so confident in your drifting you should forward your application also and take some of there spots who drift "poor"

Clint.

I think it would still be ok, even if the standard of drifting isnt spectacular in wa, i think just the general awareness of the sport will be good to see, I for one have never watched drifting live so maybe "amatuers" will still be good for me. Plus the cruise is still there also, I think its a good idea mate, Maybe just limit our time there so we get a good taste and enjoy it without getting bored and keep cruising? Just an idea.

I think it would still be ok, even if the standard of drifting isnt spectacular in wa, i think just the general awareness of the sport will be good to see, I for one have never watched drifting live so maybe "amatuers" will still be good for me. Plus the cruise is still there also, I think its a good idea mate, Maybe just limit our time there so we get a good taste and enjoy it without getting bored and keep cruising? Just an idea.

Yeah tru, maybe stay there for 2 hours, and then head off. Try get a time scheduele happening. I got there at about 2.30 last time and it was the last couple of runs which were the best of the lot anyways. We dont really need to see the qualifying. We could have a bit of a look around at the cars n a bite to eat too.

Any drifting is good for me, i'm hopefully goin to Japan in May, so i'll be able to witness REAL drifting haha.

Mate, regardless people are still going to be interested in cruising so if it ends at the drift point its a win win for everyone, if your so confident in your drifting you should forward your application also and take some of there spots who drift "poor"

Clint.

Mate was i shitting on wa drifting at all??... NO.... mearly stating that last event this year was not as good as last year... by "POOR" i mean not many numbers!! key word here..."Seems" wa drifting is not as good as last year... last year was awesome!!

But anyways, as stated b4, that was just my opinion... Now can i have a hug??...lol

AGAIN!!... NO OFFENSE INTENDED!!

The major problem i see here is that after the drift is all over wouldn't ur tyres be all shot? and i do not think it will be safe to go back on the streets "yellow" City?!

Edited by DiNoBoNeS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The major problem i see here is that after the drift is all over wouldn't ur tyres be all shot? and i do not think it will be safe to go back on the streets "yellow" City?!

haha i think u got it wronge the people in the cruise arnt drifting lol, only people that are registered are allowed and have sertain licences u just go to watch the wa drifters club drivers haha.

i went last yr was awsome, got some videos on my phone, if i remember likley a guy called banger won dont know if he on sau but if i also remember it was his gf's car hahaha. but other then that he and about 5 other cars where drifting wickedly so if uve never been before its a cool experience dont know if it is as good, but yeh.

i might be going trying to work it all out with m8's unfortunatly i live basicly round the corner so no point me going to mandurah to come back hahaa.

cheers

Dan