SAU Community

R32 Makes Dosing Type Noise And Engine Turns Of When I Turn Aircon On

beRwick_GTRage

Hey everyone.

I was driving my rb20det r32 when it was raining today with the aircon on and my car started making a hising noise then the engine turned off.

I pulled over and turned the aircon off then started the car and it ran normally. I drove for a while then turned the aircon on and it started making the hising noise again and threatened to turn off.

What could be the problem? Im sure its only related to the air-conditioning because it boosts, sounds and idles normal.

Thanks in advance.

If its doing it only when your AC is on, i would think its AC related.

Check the belt for the compressor isn't frayed or worn. If the compressor is on the way out, it will put unnecessary drag on the motor; the idle valve isn't enough to stop the motor from dieing?

Edited by GeeTR

If its doing it only when your AC is on, i would think its AC related.

Check the belt for the compressor isn't frayed or worn. Compressor is on the way out and is put unnecessary drag on the motor; the idle valve isn't enough to stop the motor from dieing?

Yeh, the motor still dies. What do i check for in the airflow meter? what could be wrong?

did you convert your ac system to r134a?

the different gas makes the compressor work harder causing it to steal a lot of power from the engine.

When i turn on my ac when driving, i have to neutral + rev it a bit so it doesnt stall as i come to a stop. After doind that once, the revs stay up around the 700rpm. Just the first time i need to give it a bit of help.

anyone know why? would it relate to the ecu learning to keep the rev's up at the next stops etc?

Sweet, nice work.

So is the AC comp seized? hard to rotate?

yes its seized, needs replacing. i found a compressor on the sau for $50, do u think its worth buying it if i dont know wether it works? I thought they were worth above 250??

thanks

Edited by CandyBoy