SAU Community

Hks Hiper D R34 Coil Overs

Item: HKS Hiper D R34 Coil over

Condition: Unknown, it came with my car when bought

Price: AUD $499+

To Fit: (What car) R34 GTT or R33 GTR

Comments: If interested please go to the Ebay link as it is currently on Ebay. Open to offer though

For more info please go to : Ebay Link: HKS Hiper D R34 Coil overs

post-48266-1206790224_thumb.jpgpost-48266-1206790231_thumb.jpgpost-48266-1206790260_thumb.jpgpost-48266-1206790252_thumb.jpgpost-48266-1206790244_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Sorry, I dont have pic of the car when these were on it. But when I asked my suspension dealer to put in the new one (Tein SS). I asked him to set the exactly same height as when the HKS was in there. Because I liked it the most, good look/handling and able to go through speed bumps and drive way no problem.

I should be able to give you a photo of my car with the Tein SS since it will be the same height as the HKS one sometime tomorrow morning since it is dark already.

I roughly measured it and it was about 330mm Front and 335mm rear. (from centre of wheel to guard). (Although if you want a more exact measurement, let me know)

Edited by hulk

The HKS one is definitely very sharp and precise in handling. Kinda like in a go kart, gives you great feel of the road compare to the Tein SS Jap spec. However, it is quite firm and it is suited much better on tracks than the Tein SS. I been driving my car everyday for 2-3 months with those no problem, kinda got used to it. But the passengers I take find them fairly bumpy.

The Tein SS is also very good on the road, but it lacks the go kart feel and thrills of the HKS one. However, as I am driving this car everyday to work along a crappy and bumpy road in SA's northern suburb, I think the Tein SS is much more suitable for me.

Hi, These are the pictures I just took in the morning.

Hopefully will give people how it looks in the car.

Sorry, I dont really want to seperate it, so it will sell as a set of 4.

Also I think shipping to Melbourne will be around $60 - $100. (not sure, just guessing) Since it is relatively heavy. But if you can PM me the postcode I can give you a more accurate quote.

post-48266-1206831627_thumb.jpgpost-48266-1206831620_thumb.jpgpost-48266-1206833398_thumb.jpg

post-48266-1206833404_thumb.jpg

Edited by hulk

I havent adjust the height of the car, since I liked the height personally and it does the job going through speed bumps and drive ways. I dont know if these coilovers are height adjustable or not.

Edit: I searched the net regarding the HKS coilovers and found that it should be height adjustable. But I do not have the tools for it. So i guess you will have to take it to a workshop that do HKS coils to get them to set up the height.

Edited by hulk

I've got some PMs regarding the condition of the coilovers.

So I guess, I just post it here for an update.

My 1999 R34 GTT has done 40,000 km. So I am assuming the previous owner swapped it out around 20,000 km. Then the coilover should be around 15k-20k.

They dont seem to be that old, and still in reasonable condition.

Hi,

For people that Pm'ed me enquiring shipping costs.

I just had a quick quote for the following locations:

Sydney metro= about $55

Melbourne metro= about $45

Perth metro = about $70

Brisbane metro = $55

Those are registered shipping, but not insured.

Insurance would be about $10-15 on top of the price.

Help that give people a better idea of the shipping costs.