SAU Community

What Fuel Pump To Install In My R32 Gtr Making About 250kw At All 4s? Please Tell Me What Will Suit Me Guys

hi guys my fuel pump is on its way but i was thinking what fuel pump i should be after, im making about 250kw at all 4s but want to make abit more power later on, what fuel pump should i be after, someone said go for the bosch 040 internal pump but some people are saying go fopr the bosch 044 internal pump, i dont know whjat pump top go for so can yous guys please help me and tell me what i should be going for, i want a pump that can handle more power then mine,

thanks guys

cheers

Personally i'd stay away from the 040...while it flows well and supports the power easily...the filter design lets it down and in some cases has been known to clog up and cause premature failure...

Don't you mean the bosch 023....

I have one... they are MAD!!!

You have to be careful when installing them because they can suck to the bottom of the tank and then obviously not pump any petrol.

Make sure you cover the positive lead on the pump well aswell, mine was earthing out on the tank.

whats the bosch 023 worth mate, ate they better then the 040 and the 044, and are they good for a 300kw gtr,

cheers mate

i was sort of thinking of the tomei or the nismo but im not too sure as yet

how about u stick with the stock one???

im running my stock one.. makes over 300awkw... not much over.. but still slightly over :D

Edited by Bumblebee

nar mate dont want a stock one, u will find that the stock gtr pump will giv up sooner or later, i dont really know what to get and its for my internal aswell, please let me know what is good for about 300-350awkw,

cheers

If u really must go aftermarket.. then go for something direct fit like tomei or nismo.. anything bosch isnt a direct fit and u gotta modify the cradle somehow. even if its an easy mod, its still a mod that u dont have to do with direct fitment pumps

where can i find the 044 internal pump and im after a genuine

Dude 023 is the 044 internal....

You wont find any thing under 044 internal. They are called an 023.

Search for BOSCH 023 in ebay there is one on there at the moment.

I paid $180 for mine plus postage but that was when no one really used them as every one goes by what people say on forums and every one said 040 intank or 044 external. Now there is a fair demand for them price has gone up.

023s are exactly the same as 044 but they are an intank version.

Also MAKE SURE YOU TANK IS CLEAN and you have a good fuel filter.

I clogged mine up with crap due to dirty tank and had to clean it out, made the pump go really load and not push the pressure, was fine after I cleaned it tho.

I ended up getting a piece of mesh (like you would use in your front bumper) folding it over in a half circle like thing and hose clamping that to the bottom of them pump, I then covered that in petrol filter like material, stocking may do but I am not sure if the petrol would eat away at it? That helped a lot but this was only as my fuel filter had never been replaced and I had a dirty tank. Bosch 040 would also have this problem, its only because they have a not very fine metal mesh filter on the bottom and fine dirt etc can get in.

Edited by Finny

I've got a after market SARD in tank pump in my GTR producing over 300rwkw

Im upgrading to big single turbo and im gonna run 2 x bosch 044's

You can have my Sard pump for $300 (Only 4000kms old)

Works awesome especially with a nismo fuel regular

let us know if ya interested and i'll pull it out for ya

Nismo/HKS/Tomei

Doesn't matter in what order they all do the same thing and are all much better options than the bosch.

You pay for piece of mind that these things are built to perform! :D

Yeah, all depends on how much money you have to spend but yes a bosch 023 will do the trick but if you can pay double then you can get a nice brand name one with a good filter on the back of it and a new cradle and you can also tell all your mates how awesome you are.

I also heard that you can run a bosch 044 with a hose coming off it with the sock/filter thing on the end of the hose and put that in your tank. Not sure if this is true but might be worth looking into.

Edited by Finny

044 intank with a nice fine filter to prevent any junk getting sucked thru the pump.

very easy DYI whisper quiet and efficient up past 350rwkws on the standard lines.

still runs fine with less the 5ltrs of fuel in the tank.

i want to know from all the people in this thread that have said go the tomei or nismo,

how many of you are running 350rwkws?

any of you?

post-24852-1207480810_thumb.jpg

Yeah, all depends on how much money you have to spend but yes a bosch 023 will do the trick but if you can pay double then you can get a nice brand name one with a good filter on the back of it and a new cradle and you can also tell all your mates how awesome you are.

I also heard that you can run a bosch 044 with a hose coming off it with the sock/filter thing on the end of the hose and put that in your tank. Not sure if this is true but might be worth looking into.

haha if you find that telling your mates how awesome you are makes your pump work better that's fine but I find that everyone who runs one of the "name" brands always end up justifying their purchase. I've read quite a few threads where people have had their Boschs fail on them and so chose to buy a Tomei because of this. If your spending the money to make your car do 250-350 awkw what's an extra 200 bucks to make sure it gets the fuel it needs??

do you have 350rwkws with a nismo, tomei etc

theres lots of 200rwkw keyboard warriors on here that say you must have a nismo pump cause there so easy to install.

bla bla bla. they flow 276lph bla bla.

simple question who has 350rwkws with a tomei or nismo pump?

im just curious cause i have never heard of any one pushing one that hard.