SAU Community

Ecu Cut, Rb25det

Hi all, I have posted about 6 threads about this in the last year or so and still havn't resolved it.

When I first got my car it ran perfect. no cutting nothing.

First mod was FMIC, KKR480 turbo, SAFC II, 10psi.

All done these in one hit. Ever since then it has been ecu cutting at high revs.

Now I know every thing about R&R and what it does and it IS NOT Rich and Retard. I am tanking like hitting a rev limiter. Ignition compleatly cuts for a second or so.

I ended up just thinking it was the ECU cutting due to too much airflow recorded on AFM.

Ok thoes first mods were about a year ago.

My car is now compleatly different, new engine, RB31DET forged internals, cams, head work, KKR560, Q45 AFM, Bosch 023 fuel pump etc. etc.

Now I have got the actuator on my turbo disconnected because I am still running the engine in so I am getting about 2-3psi max.

I am still running stock ECU with SAFC II to deal with fuel until I get my microtec LTX12s later on. I also have a set of 870cc Siemen Deka low impedence injectors to go in but I have to wait for microtec for that.

With my current setup I am still getting this "cut" at like 4500rpm onwards with only 2-3psi of boost. A friend of mine was in it the other day and he was like wtf was that cutting bs... and I was like yeah ECU is cutting due to too much air flow and hes like umm bull shit I have been in a 210RWKW R33 with stock ecu and stock AFM and that had no problems at all.....

I am now really confused.. I mean at 5000rpm in my car with 2psi I am going to be making what 120RWKW or somefin.

So I was just wondering if any one had ANY ideas....

I may have to record my car doing this and put it up on youtube as most people dont understand what I am talking about. its like a COMPEATE cut of all power for like a second or so. I have had my car Rich and Retard and you basiclly just loose power due to it being rich and retarted timing but you can still continue reving the car it just doesn't love it. Where as what I am getting there is a compleate cut like the car goes from making heaps of noise at 5000rpm to compleatly silent and the tacho just dropping until it stops cutting.

Also it doesn't cut unless I am flooring it. like I can rev it all the way out to rev limiter if I give it say 60% throttle.

I am going to borrow my mates RB25DET ecu and see if that makes any difference.