SAU Community

My 33 Wont Start

1morebar

Hello everyone,

Well on the weekend i was having some fun in my 33 gtst, after the turbo was glowing white my friend comments to me how he likes my neons under the car. Having no neons i immediatly go and lift the bonnet to find my turbo on fire. The o2 sensor plug had melted and caught fire on the turbo, as the cars still running turbo timer i poured water on it to put it out. After the fire was out and the engine shut off it wouldn't start again, it cranks, just wont start and run.

Im sure the engine will run without an 02 and on the first two atemps at starting it, it did start for a second but then died a few seconds after.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated, What could it be???

Edited by 1morebar

Well so far found the turbo is fine. got spark. got air.... don't have fuel. The pump wasn't working. checked fuse's, relay's.. all fine. bypassed everything and powered up the pump, it works.

Iam now going to fix the 02 sensor and if that doesn't work(which i dont expect it to) iam going to borrow my mate's ecu and see if mine if somehow stuffed.

It just seems funny that after an under bonnet fire the fuel supply has been cut...safety feature of the ems??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crap man, that sux bad.....

I woulda thought pouring water on it would do more damage because of the sudden temperature change. (like crack or something)

I'm no mechanic, so sorry I can't help, but have a free bump!

Good luck mate