SAU Community

Good Vibrations!

Terminal

Luckily 5/8ths of f**k all - you can usually pick them up for bugger all as a LOT of stag drivelines get brought in to the country with the boxes attached and the box and transfer case get flung pretty smartly. about $200 is the going rate here in WA last time I checked.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, the manual one has a gearstick coming out of it :down:

Anywho, my battery on my laptop is almost dead. i've been on the side of the M4 for almost 3 hours now. apparently the right tow truck is coming to get me and take me to Bathurst, so I should be home around 12am... just in time to get up for work 4 hours later!!

Yeah I just got home then, the truck driver was awesome taking me all the way to Bathurst. I guess that's why I pay for the premium cover with NRMA. now to start fixing the old girl... *sigh*

Shit Leshy, you should have called me - I would have come to at least keep you company. I only live about 10mins from where you broke down!

Oh well, at least you're home safe. Now for the repairs and bills :D Hope you can claim it under warranty.

the gear stick comes out of the transfer case :blink: ??????

That's correct. I went through the exercise last time my transfer case gave up.

I'm just speculating but i'm pretty sure my driveshaft is stuffed, the clutch has dropped to the floor so something to with that is stuffed, there's a whole lot of gearbox oil on the ground (and the back of the tilt tray) so there's a hole in the transfer case or gearbox somewhere, i'm pobably up for about $2k worth of repairs here. i'll see how much i can do myself, but i don't like the chances of it.

Thanks Nick, I was thinking you lived nearby, but i left your number in my other phone, i only had my work phone on me.

were about in adelaide r u. im from noarlunga well have to keep in touch 4 cruises.

and yeah that gearbox issue sounds suss

Oh man that sucks the big one! :)

If its your driveshaft that blew, how recently was your gearbox fixed the first time? Try hitting up the mechanics for a repair. Was it bearing failure? Check the docket/invoice from you previous work to see what was involved. It might be covered.

Sorry, the only assistance I can give seeing I'm in Adelaide and you're on the side of the M4.

:laugh:

Added: can you get pics of the damage/break? Post 'em up

Before you spend bunches of dollars, have a look at your wheels

Are the wheel nuts tight?

Is there dried mud etc in the wheel? A bit of fun in the mud is enough to kick the balance out of your wheels

So take to with a hose or just wriggle underneath and browse a bit

Before you spend bunches of dollars, have a look at your wheels

Are the wheel nuts tight?

Is there dried mud etc in the wheel? A bit of fun in the mud is enough to kick the balance out of your wheels

So take to with a hose or just wriggle underneath and browse a bit

Dude, did you read this thread thru, or just post after reading the first reply? :D

His car is beyond loose wheel nuts and/or mud :P

:rofl:

Edited by RubyRS4

Well got her up on the hoist today. it's not too bad, but probably as bad as i expected.

When the drive shaft let go, it basically punched a hole in the side of the transfer case. so all i'm up for is a new drive shaft and a new transfer case. i'll give just jap a call tomorrow, but i'll have a look around on the forum for a cheap transfer case first.

the mechanic also told me my water pump was leaking heaps and my front tyres were both bald... he just lumped on the good news didn't he....