SAU Community

Greddy Intake Problems

hey everyone jsut started working on my r33 gts25t by putting on a greddy intake. how do you fix the throttle cable so it will reach nicely mine seems to be short. post up the fix if you would. im inthe US so parts are not that easy to come buy

thanks craig

one more thing what did you do with the wires for idle sensor and that other one purple and brown plugs did you extend the wires so they would reach and thanks again my throttle works now the cable though is about 8 inches longer i had to loop it around down by the fuel filter and also had to modify the bracket like bend it alittle

I used a throttle cable from a Nissan Pintara....I just went to the motor wreckers with the R33 one and had a look at different Nissan cars...I matched up the accel pedal end...The end on the throttle body is clamped with a nut and bolt...The bolt has a hole drilled though it just under the head and goes through the pulley on the TB..the nut is tightened down onto the cable...

One thing with the throttle cable is make sure that the inner cable and out cable at the throttle body are on the same axis..ie make sure that the inner cable pulls out squarely. If is doesn't you will make your pedal heavy and wear out the cable quickly...Too me this seems obvious but I have seen many custom throttle linkages that are failures waiting to happen...