SAU Community

SE pre-meet for 10/8 GOR cruise

YogiR33

Guest RedLineGTR

i dunno last time i went up there the roads were pretty good speed wise...maybe between towns thats about it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedLineGTR

Okay Pre-Meet #2

McDonalds© - Corner, Chadstone Road & Princes Hwy (Mel 69 D4)

Time – Meet 8:30am – Depart 8:40am( Roughly ) Then we travel along the Princes Hwy (Dandenong Road) Towards The city which on the way we will join JamesZilla & whoever else is waiting with him (Around The Prahran Area) Then we will continue to the Main Meet point (Refer to First Page).

This meet is for all the people coming from this side of town, like the people who are meeting @ Glen Waverly etc…

You do not have to meet here if you don’t want to, I will be waiting their early having some McBreakfast goodies (I’ll be most likely on the outside tables) I will be waiting till 8:50am at MAX (if worse comes to worse) since that is the time that I have arranged to meet jameszilla about 8:50-9:00am and I really don’t want to keep people waiting.

Whoever feels comfortable to lead the pack to the main meet point be my guest as long as you have a good idea where to go (assume most people have had a look at the melway). I’m going to check over the melway properly so I know exactly where I need to go and set some pace at the front if need be.

Please Tank up fuel either at the Main meet point (Refer to First Page) or before we start cruising from the Chadstone area as I rather not stop until we get to the main point.

The times are set so we get their on time & not be late. Like mentioned before if you want to come to Chadstone McDonalds I’ll be waiting if not that’s fine.

Any questions Pm or email me.

Cheers Rob

The lower speed limits haven't come into effect yet. They are going to be put in around Christmas.

The speed will range from 50-80 depending on how fast you should be going around the corners in certain areas. I had a look at the plans last week. The section between Lorne and Apollo Bay will be they slowest, as it is the tightest.

Guest RedLineGTR

if you guys can meet abit earlier at glen if ya can, i know people will be talking a shitload and i will take longer for everyone to get thier. I would like to have people at chaddy around 8;30-40 so we can leave at 8;50 at max. Cheers Rob

Guest RedLineGTR
Originally posted by CR34TION

8.30 Glen Maccas is way too late.

I will join you guys if my car is ready as I'm only 5mins away.

Cheers.

Are you getting that scratch fixed or do you want me to bring my stuff so if if we can fix it up. Cheers Rob

Rob,

I bought the Meguiar's scratch X and applied it several time with no effect. The scratchs seemed pretty shallow so i thought only the clear coat was scratched... oh well i was wrong.

I'm getting my bumper painted and refitted, hopefully i get car back by Saturday.

Cheers.

Guest RedLineGTR

No worries man..if ya got the money why not. Hopefully ya can get ya car back in time. Oh well you can always score a lift with someone.

Guest RedLineGTR

Well i put my hand up if anyone needs a lift. Dont mind to travel abit back to pickup someone if need be. Cheers Rob

Guest RedLineGTR

at the moment i have as far as i know a couple people maybe in my car. But you live abit to far for me to pick up, i live around chadstone.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• This morning I carefully reinstalled the manifold and started looking at a couple of things I need to do.  Heat wrap arrived sometime today so I popped into the shed with the missus dishwashing gloves and started wrapping the first half of the dump and the screamer/plumb back.  Once I do the second half I'll be able to final fit the turbo and exhaust up.  Also pulled the harness out today and started terminating it at the ECU end. A connector is done, just need to run the remaining wires that arent in the harness - 12v, gnd and couple I/O
    • A31 is pretty much the same thing without HiAIDS I mean CAS, no improvement lol. Not to late to send it.
    • Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though. 
    • 215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality. 245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.  
    • That's something I forgot to put in my list. The aggressive anti-squat in R32 is a f**king menace. I still need to decide if I'm going to drag the subframe out of my car and weld in the GKTech corrector kit. The main reason to dither is the need to switch to spherical joints in the lower arm to account for the twist induced in the rear pivot caused by lowering the front pivot. And yes...we do put better subframes in R32s, and I wish I'd gotten an S14 one instead of an A31 when I did the "take off and nuke it from orbit" HICAS delete all those years ago.