SAU Community

SE pre-meet for 10/8 GOR cruise

YogiR33

ApacheX... you have another PM!

I've worked 5 out of the past 6 Sat. and Sun. I told work this weekend to 'Get F'd' as I was going on a cruise!

they were like áre you taking your g/f out somewhere nice?' ... 'no, she staying at home... i'm going out with the boy's'

*figuratively speaking*

btw... how many girls are coming? JUST OUT OF INTEREST... I'm not being dirty/perverse in any way/shape/form !

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my last post... well for a couple of days.

i'm going where no man has gone before... somewhere where there is no internet connection!!! *plays dramatic music*

see you all at the cruise!

Afterthought: I hope it's not raining... my tyres have just enough tread to be considered legal... JUST :)

Guest RedLineGTR

Hey, for all those are coming to the GOR Cruise. Summarising, there will be mini meets (this side of the city) in the areas or Glen Waverley, Chadstone and one just before chapel so a couple more cars can join (Not really stoping for much) and we will be heading to the main meet point where most people will meet their to continue on to Apollo bay along the GOR.

Just a little check list for people to do if they have time to make sure everything is okay (Some always do this but just in case, it is abit of a trip):

- Check all fluids especially oil, radiator fluids etc.

- Check general condition of belts & hoses.

- Check you break pads if you can either by eye or taking the tire off.

- Check tire tread, just in case.

- Check tire pressure & condition (no nails and shit).

- Fill up you fuel tank as much as you should (it’s about 250km one way)

- Go to the toilet before we cruise, don’t want to be stopping for people.

Everyone just have fun, personally I cant wait for tomorrow probably wont sleep. Watch out for town as usually police are setup around their, just a general awareness of a possible police presence of cameras etc. Everyone loves a good fang especially some of the heavyweights (u know who you are) please drive within your limits just because someone does something, doesn’t always mean you can do it to. We don’t want tow-trucks picking up cars (some extra money for Jack )

Hope to see you all their, for a good fang, a great cruise & a good catch up with people new and all.

Cheers Rob

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.
    • Yes that sounds right. Cars currently in the shop for the engine work. Will need to remeasure .. but yes I think I must be targeting 45cm from fender.