SAU Community

People wanting to race

hahaha, yeah i cant wait till the engine is done, money is the real issue though, its gonna cost me heaps, so its gonna be a slow project. but will be well worth it. Im aiming to have it done early next year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it does, ive got it flanged so i can put a replacement pipe in. That makes a real difference, once the car hits 3grand it just moves, with the cat on it kicks in from about 4500rpm, im gettin a custom track exhaust, from extractors will split in to 2 11/2 inch pipes and exit at the side :D will make a hell of a difference i reckon

yes an NA car does need a certain amount of backpressure but this is already happening through ur headers and the rest of the exaust system, gutting the cat deristricts the exaust a fair bit and is definately a noticable power increase, those extractors where 285 bucks plaus 150 for fitting, the most worth while mod i have done yet.

by keeping the exhaust at 2 1/2 it keeps the back pressure at a good level, gutting the cat is illegal of course and it does screw things up abit u have to gut it and put a stealth pipe in it, visible as a cat, but its a pipe inside a box. my old zorst was 2 1/2 all through

i've got an auto r33 - but its the 5 speed auto version with a really short 1st which helps acceleration - i get around 7.5-7.8s for 0-100 - i've god k&n pod filter with divider in the engine bay, that's it (running 98 RON petrol all the time and service every 5,000 with anti-friction oil - i reckon it helps!)

i beat a wrx with a bov one night - that was pretty funny i think the guy was a sh!t driver tho, and i can keep up with my mate's ca18 silvia (rebuilt and boosted to 12psi)

8.2 sec is a bit slo for a '33 - even an auto - do u torque brake?

i think its slow too!

i wana go against an r33 with the same mods or less and see how i go..

do i torque brake?

i duno wat that means

but if u mean start of with ure foot on ya damn brake and on the gas and take it of brake

then yea thats wat i did to get that time.

try doing a 0-100 with the stock wheels, since i put my 17's on it has lost a little accelaration (diameter is slightyly bigger) i got 225/50/r17 on mine, if urs are 45 or lower then it really shouldnt make a difference, but tyres and width can also make a difference. u lose out on speed but handling gains heaps:)

The only thing that i found was different was i actualy have grip now :D and that its a tiny bit more harder to turn the wheel

me being slack :D

Im fairly sure the wheel diameters of both sets of wheels are the same tho ill have to check it when i get home.