SAU Community

JL Audio & MTX Amps

Evil

Does anyone have one (or more) of either of these? Are they any good? I know wanna run either one (1) JL Audio 10W3v2 10" sub or an MTX Thunder 8000 10" sub, I'll choose the sub to match the amp. Thanks guys.

Edit: Fixed subject...

JL make very good subs just watch out for the 2 versions of jl subs.

1 is like $200 cheaper than the other i would be good as a paper weight only

the more expencive 1 is very good, doesnt like to good but can take a lot of power and i think from the top of my head rated at 300 rms input which is very good for a 10inch..

also on the other hand mtx is good but only the ones with lots of strips on the sub woofer cone area.

check out strathfield web page for mtx pics and info.

personal i would by a mono bloke amp and a 12ich mtx or jl audio sub it will beat a lot of sound systems out there. price is expensice to.

how much money are u spending

cheers

Originally posted by SXY R33

JL make very good subs just watch out for the 2 versions of jl subs.

1 is like $200 cheaper than the other i would be good as a paper weight only

the more expencive 1 is very good, doesnt  like to good but can take a lot of power and i think from the top of my head rated at 300 rms input which is very good for a 10inch..

also on the other hand mtx is good but only the ones with lots of strips on the sub woofer cone area.

check out strathfield web page for mtx pics and info.

personal i would by a mono bloke amp and a 12ich mtx or jl audio sub it will beat a lot of sound systems out there. price is expensice to.

how much money are u spending

cheers

Yeah the cheaper 1 is the 10W0, I had 1 and cooked it running only 150WRMS through with my old kicker amp (in my old car). The 10W3v2 is a newish sub that should take 150-250WRMS. Because I listen to heavy metal and rock I think a 10" is ideal. As for a budget, I don't know $700-$1000, the less I spend the better though.

Guest Coray

Yo dude, go with the JL subs. I may be 14, but when it comes to cars and stereos, I know what I'm talkin' bout.

I have three 10'' JL subs and a fifteen in my home stereo. I have 3 1000 watt amps for the 10's and a 2000 for the 15.

Thanks for your advice guys :D I am leaning toward the sub (10W3v2) now I just need to match it to either a JL or MTX amp... What do you guys think?

coray 3 x1000 watt amps

Bullshit they would blow the shit through a 10inch jl audio sub when brigeded.

u dont know car audio. u propley have 1000watt P.M.P.O rating not RMS. Pmpo = rms x1.474.

ok i study electronic engernering.

MTX are a little better IMO, however all subs are DIFFERENT, so you should have a listen before you buy....

however both JL and MTX are pricey and when it comes to bang for buck you should consider running pioneer 12's on a decent amp as they are really good value for money... as for amps alpine make the best amps IMO, but MTX and rockford fosgate are really good amps for subs...

all in all it just depends what you want 10's will give you tighter bass but not as loud, 12's will give you great balance and 15's are just shit, and different branded subs will sound different so go out there and have a listen...

-bryan

-bryan

JL make subs that sound mellow and are nice to listen to. They produce 'nice' bass, if there is such a thing.

MTX's are what you buy if you want a sub to make you deaf. They are harsh and well, nasty.

As for their amps I do not have any experience with them. But, depending on what sub you buy, Jaycar make a couple of good amps that are around 1/2 the price of the leading brands and they work just as well.