SAU Community

Help Please ! - Lh Tie Rod End Needed

exitSTAGEAright

Hi Guys,

needing some help with a part for my series 1 stagea.

LH Tie rod end.

Any ideas ?? The auto shop is looking at a skyline one but unsure if it will fit until try.

Stu

hey bud i got one gen nissan tie rod end which i bought still in box if ya want it $100 cost me 140. just have no use for it as i got mine rebuilt as there was only one gen one in australia and i needed 2. cheers bernard.

• 9 months later...
buy aftermarket

its only like 40.00 more for a pair

The R33 tie rod ends are half the size of the stagea end, they have nearly 10mm play in the housing on the hub... most definately not a SAFE replacement.

3 different tie rods outers for Stageas, depending on model, year, 4wd/2wd, MT/AT etc

48520-0cu25(2wd)

48520-15u25(4wd)

48520-23u25(4wd)

2 different for R33, both are same part # as 2 of the 3 Stagea tie rods.

48520-15u25(2wd)

48520-23u25(4wd)

best to ensure you are getting right part for your car. pm me your vin and ill let you know.

I am not 100% but think the correct one is an R34 GTR. I went through this a couple of years ago. It was the fourth one I got from the wreckers that was correct.

From memory the first one was for a smaller dia tie rod. The second was the correct dia, but the threaded section was too long. I cut it shorter but then discovered the thread depth was now too shallow. The third was the correct dia and length but the taper was too small.

Fourth time correct. The length from the center of the taper pin to the end of the threaded section is approx 90mm.

It was a sod of an experience. And verx exxy, as with allthe running around I chopped out two tyres.

well i've ordered the 33gtr tie rod, hopefully its right, my reasoning behind it was that the 33gtr/gtst/ stagea all have the same chassis, so i figured the steering and suspension would be similar, anyways ill find out next week when it gets here

also interesting to note that extension housing seal is the same as 32/33 rwd's and also subaru 4wd's

• 11 months later...

how did you go? i have a S2 stagea and I ordered the R33gtr tie rod from bursons.. went to install it to find the threaded part far too short to fit the nut and split pin back on.

well i've ordered the 33gtr tie rod, hopefully its right, my reasoning behind it was that the 33gtr/gtst/ stagea all have the same chassis, so i figured the steering and suspension would be similar, anyways ill find out next week when it gets here

also interesting to note that extension housing seal is the same as 32/33 rwd's and also subaru 4wd's

how did you go? i have a S2 stagea and I ordered the R33gtr tie rod from bursons.. went to install it to find the threaded part far too short to fit the nut and split pin back on.

Look at my previous post, it gives all the pitfalls.

• 3 weeks later...