SAU Community

Oil Temp Gauge Install

Jet_33

Hey Mate,

Pretty sure you just need to fit a Oil Filter Sandwich Plate and a sender. The plate goes where the Oil Filter is and then that allows you to put in the sender. Then thats where you get a reading from.

They are at the bottom of this link. :P

http://justjap.com/store/home.php?cat=267

(If im wrong, please correct me) Cheers!

go to kb auto one....supercheap might have one. its called a oil sensor adapter. basically a brass extension with 1 hole to stick in the unit.

u then take out stock oil pressure unit. wack in this adapter. then wack in the stock pressure sensor and wack in your sensor.

feed off the oil at the oil pressure sensor location.

found its best......had a fair few leaking sandwich plates!!

sort of similar to this=

Buick3.jpg

hppp_0608_oil_16_s%20accusump_preoiler_cm_remote_filter_install%20electronic_pressure_control_and_pressure_switch_fitting.jpg

Edited by r33cruiser

thanks for the solutions guys but sound liek answeres to mechanical guages mine are electrical

Or you can do as above or do what i did go done to enzed and get a tee and have both gauges cost me about 5 bucks

nah mate. theys are for electronic gauges as well. the sender has a thread on it right.

just screw it into the adapter i have posted....or as the bloke above me said get a double adapter. then once its in do your thing. hook up the earth and signal wire.

done

• 1 year later...
go to kb auto one....supercheap might have one. its called a oil sensor adapter. basically a brass extension with 1 hole to stick in the unit.

u then take out stock oil pressure unit. wack in this adapter. then wack in the stock pressure sensor and wack in your sensor.

feed off the oil at the oil pressure sensor location.

found its best......had a fair few leaking sandwich plates!!

sort of similar to this=

Buick3.jpg

hppp_0608_oil_16_s%20accusump_preoiler_cm_remote_filter_install%20electronic_pressure_control_and_pressure_switch_fitting.jpg

im looking do do the same thing can anyone tell me whe size the threds are ?? or are the aftermarket sensors different?

• 3 years later...