SAU Community

Magnetic P-plates

NA_Goodness

Hey all,

I'm an apprentice mechanic, so I road test a lot of cars. At the moment, I'm driving around without my Ps up, which is illegal. So, I've been looking around for some magnetic P-plates so I can just chuck them on for the 5 mins I'm driving. Does anyone know where I can find some? Otherwise I'll glue some Ps to magnetic Ls, but that's too much work 4 me :down:

Rhys

The magnetic ones are annoying. I had magnetic L's and they would fly off the car if you went above 60k's. As soon as they get a touch of air under them, they are gone lol

Your lucky to test drive cars. Im 2nd year and still not allowed to test drive cars. I had some of those magnetic p plates, and they got stolen. I got my ones from supercheap.

LOL 2nd year and you still don't? Must have some trust issues!!! Im a 2nd month and i drive the cars!!! Also crashed a car the 2nd day i started!! Only smashed the headlight though .... but the car had no brakes or power steering! but then again ive had my license for almost 5 years!

magnetic p plates are possibly the stupidest thing ever made... from memory all front bumpers are usually plastic or whatever but there not metal and magnetic p plates dont stick to plastic etc..also they get stolen and thrown around if seen and yer i just think there really stupid.. my opinion ahah

magnetic p plates are possibly the stupidest thing ever made... from memory all front bumpers are usually plastic or whatever but there not metal and magnetic p plates dont stick to plastic etc..also they get stolen and thrown around if seen and yer i just think there really stupid.. my opinion ahah

THats true, but for NA _ Goodness case, its a bit different... he is just test driving the cars, not leaving them anywhere. And it will b easy as for him, to slap one on the boot, and one on the bonnet. Jump in the car and go... then to take them off again, too easy...

Yes Steve, thanks for dragging that up!!

Yeh, I got some from Super Cheap today, $3.95. I work in Malaga, so the speed limit is only 50, so theroetically I dont go over that. Cos I'm a good driver... Test driving cars for me is more like joy rides really, but if something is obvious you know about it. Unfortunately, Accents, Commonwhores, and Lancers are shit to drive. But the XR6 Turbos...

Nevan, cheers for the science lesson, but the fronts going on the bonnet, or in the window, and the rear is on the boot/tail gate, so its all good. Otherwise I wont use them. Dont really care, just want 2 keep the boss happy.

And Brendan is right.

Yeh, I got some from Super Cheap today, $3.95. I work in Malaga, so the speed limit is only 50, so theroetically I dont go over that. Cos I'm a good driver... Test driving cars for me is more like joy rides really, but if something is obvious you know about it. Unfortunately, Accents, Commonwhores, and Lancers are shit to drive. But the XR6 Turbos...

Where do you work? Hope not autobahn!