SAU Community

Front Mount Defect Question

NRV155

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you guys recommend the guys at cambertown? i to recieved my letter other day. Do we have to pay when we take the car in? also im not to keen on putting standard intercooler back on, how high are the chances of the fmic failing the emissions test?

That was the whole point of this thread. I never want to take the front mount off even if i got defected for it. Its the biggest job for me to change it back to stock. I thought if you got stock exhaust and filter that a front mount shouldnt be an issue. Im just gonna get it engineered. I dont mind changing filters and exhausts or whatever other mods ive done if i get defected but not the front mount. Where did you get defected anyway?

Im in the same boat mate, its a bloody headache. I booked in to get emissions test at penrith, lucky someone pulled out they are booked till july the girl told me. Booked in next sat for the noise test crap. I got done just as you enter M5 at liverpool, going towards cambelltown, he was about 100 metres in front of me. saw me coming pulled over waited for me to pass then flashed straight away. this was at 7am sunday long weekend.

That was the whole point of this thread. I never want to take the front mount off even if i got defected for it. Its the biggest job for me to change it back to stock. I thought if you got stock exhaust and filter that a front mount shouldnt be an issue. Im just gonna get it engineered. I dont mind changing filters and exhausts or whatever other mods ive done if i get defected but not the front mount. Where did you get defected anyway?

In short - I was told by the guy that did my noise test that if you get the emmissions test at the RTA and the car passes with the intercooler on it, there is then an RTA certification to verify it complies with the ADR standard.

We all have different mods and in my case I decided that it would be easier for me to change the intercooler in order to avoid the test and the most likely outcome of removing a bunch of other stuff that would have affected the emissions. My intercooler plumbed into the original piping and it only took 1.5 hours to remove it and put the original back on, start to finish. Easier than removing the other mods.

If you havent received a notice or been defected leave it on. If you do get a notice then assess what other mods you have that may be detected at the emissions test and make your call then.

what a pain in the arse simon. are you putting it all back on once it's cleared? If you have trouble in future contact nathan at mt white he knows what is ok and what needs to be sorted

It all sorted thanks Duncan and reregistered yesterday. I have no plans to change it back, the intercooler caused the car to hesitate and the exhaust was to way to loud anyway (99db) so the car is more 'driveable' now.

I don't expect much change to lap times due to this, however I do expect the new diff to drive some improvement so to speak.

If i go and get the emmissions test done on my own free will and it doesnt pass, will they defect me there or just give me the results and send me on my way? Im curious to see if it passes without the risk of copping defects or fines or anything while im there.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonkers: how long after the test did you recieve it? I was told 7days except its been longer.

NRV15S: They wont defect you for not passing. The aftermarket may or may not have bad effects, test it for yourself. It was also easier for me to return to the standard smic because my car is running rich (power fc) and was cheaper to buy then get it tuned.

I also left my fmic attched to the car but disconnected my piping. The dude at Campbelltown noted it on the test sheet and took various photos to show.

You do not need to get the car re-tuned.

My car passed the emissions test with over 300rwkw. Its all in the tune!

Look at the emissions testing thread in my sig, this was when i was getting mine passed.

http://www.hitman.hm/emissions.htm

Hitman in Penrith will tune you for emissions and present the car for you. It's expensive, but basically, you drop the car off, come back in a few days, had them your money, and take you car and emissions pass slip.

Then go and get it retuned... :thumbsup:

you coming to the track day simon? you know you want to :D

I can see my name at No. 10 on the list of attendees Duncan but I can't see yours - you know I want to.....

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sa...-D-t219432.html

I wonder if I will be the only Grandparent entered?

I had big hopes for a while with expressions of interest from Merli, Neil, Majanal..... we just need Fatz, Oz and Deano and a few others to come out of the woodwork for a trackday reunion - then again if all of these guys turned up we would probably just head to the pub eh!!

BTW - are you going to the Food and Wine? Fridays the day, see you there?

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if i can be defected for having a front mount intercooler in NSW. If so, why? I wanna know if it worth the $$ to engineer it or not.

spray paint the fmi black and all the pipes as well, i ve found this idea works and alot of people o this because if its black alot of the dumb sh1ts dont no wat it is