SAU Community

Huge Interclub Cruise

hoony

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you just have to let them know dude (the cops)

tell them you want them there (coz there going to be there anyway... so might as we get in there good books) to stop the f@ck heads who want to ruin it for the rest of us, just tell them the deal is if we give them our destination and time they dont sticker any one who's now asking for atention??

what you think, good, bad or just stupid??

Don't know how many of you know me, but I own Antilag.

Cruises like this one are a bit of 'wank factor'. They make for a crap cruise (the best cruises are 20-30 cars), attract cops, and don't really have any point. With the amount of cars, you're restricted to the roads and meetpoints you can use, and most of the cruise will resemble being stuck in peak hour traffic.

The only point to doing something like this, is trying to raise money for a good cause, or checking out what other cars are in Perth (what AutoSalon is for).

Everytime we've informed cops of a large cruise it's backfired on us, for example, the Tsunami Charity Cruise.

We had 500+ cars out, with every car making a minimum gold coin donation. They still blocked the carpark in and hassled us, threatening to give out yellows (and they refused to donate to the cause).

Cool idea, and it's not like I'll object to it being posted on the forum, but we wont be making bulk effort to organise anything unless there is a point behind it.

cheers

antilag.com

you just have to let them know dude (the cops)

tell them you want them there (coz there going to be there anyway... so might as we get in there good books) to stop the f@ck heads who want to ruin it for the rest of us, just tell them the deal is if we give them our destination and time they dont sticker any one who's now asking for atention??

what you think, good, bad or just stupid??

Cops are just people and the problem is there are good :sick: cops and bad :banana: cops. Its the bad ones that will turn up, just so they can give everyone the shits and get in the good books with their boss. It also boosts their quota. The only way you will get something like this to work without being bugged by the cops is to do a toy run for homeless kids or sick kids or something like that. The thing i see here is its perfect for the cops, get you all in one spot, no looking for everyone. you will find that a lot of yellows will be given out just to get you off the roads.

sorry but that is how i see this going, Thats my view :ermm:

...and most of the cruise will resemble being stuck in peak hour traffic.

cheers

antilag.com

Have to agree with that one, it would be a be headache.

... They still blocked the carpark in and hassled us, threatening to give out yellows (and they refused to donate to the cause).

cheers

antilag.com

Sadly, I would expect nothing less and I don't want to turn up for "Ignition an Hillary's" part 2

Hey Brockaz! I didn't check antilag for a couple of months and now I'm denied access. what's up?

I've got to agree with Brockaz, too many cars will result in a bad ending.

I think you will find that a major part(if this happens that is) of this cruise will probably bail after the first or second meet point!

I think its best to go somewhere with this, ya know? like some cause, get everyone there, i mean the press and all, make it worth it if your going to have a load of cars attend!

Remember, there are alot... and i mean alot of people that hate loud kung pow boosters(jap imports...lol), not to mention people love dobbing people in these days!

Good Luck!

sounds great needs alot of planning but,

hopefully the boys in blue leave us alone if everybody is doing the right thing and if its for a charity hopefully shouldnt have a problem

I think its best to go somewhere with this, ya know? like some cause, get everyone there, i mean the press and all, make it worth it if your going to have a load of cars attend!

I'd say it's more than likely there'd be heroes that want to lay strips to get on TV, whatever the consequences.. Which means ACA get a free pass and we all get raped.. meh

Big cruises are lame, suck ass, attract unwanted attention to us, and open up the possibility of a yellow/waste of time/money.

Give me a small 10-15 car cruise with a BBQ/Beer at the end any day.

Quick suggestions if you are really keen on a big cruise.

1. Think again why and if it is worth it.

2. Organise it well with the main meet point on private property or at an owner approved site (don't use public car parks as you become a nuisance to surrounding businesses and give legitimate reason for attention by law enforcement).

3. Make it for a real cause and raise real money or gifts (gold coin doesn't cut it. A few hundred dollars raised isn't going to buy any good will). Advertise the fact, sponsorship, media, etc.

4. Have multiple routes to keep the groups on the road smaller - less attention, less inconvenience to joe public, harder to police all groups.

5. Keep it to clubs and make sure each club is responsible for their people and actions - accountability.

6. Have some clear way of identifying cruise members (visible stickers front and rear or such) to try and stop the hangers on and make ID clear if someone misbehaves etc.

7. Remember the actions of one or two dickheads is going to cause a world of pain for everyone else and you can be sure will be beat up in the press and keep the pits really busy.

8. Talk with police liaison and be professional about it. They may even help ala the Princess Margaret Hospital toy run, etc.

9. Refer to 1.

Good luck and have fun but I'm with Strich9 - don't need the grief that some tool will bring down on the group. But put me down for a donation if you get it all together.

Big cruises are lame, suck ass, attract unwanted attention to us, and open up the possibility of a yellow/waste of time/money.

Give me a small 10-15 car cruise with a BBQ/Beer at the end any day.

:)